No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Cummins Business Services Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN working as a Senior IT Project Manager with Oracle Financials.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Responsible for the delivery and support of applications. Ensures delivered services meet cost, quality, and delivery targets. Provide technical support and
direction to teams responsible for providing end customer applications support.
- Provide consistent and timely communication.
- Provide input and oversight for Reports Interfaces, Conversions Extensions, Work Flow (RICE-W) work to ensure quality and standardization.
- Work with functional excellent groups to follow standards (Implementation & Training) and contribute towards building excellence
and zero defects.
- Engage Application Experts for review/validation of Solution Design.
- Monitor suppliers for adherence to company processes and standards
- Work with cross functional teams to provide for consistency in approach and process across the groups.
- Drive Reusability components across the company to reduce implementation time/cost and work towards common processes and systems.
- Identify and manage risks within area of responsibility, escalating when appropriate.
- Manage delivery to project contract (Statement of Work), ensuring that cost, quality, and delivery requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ensure highest quality of service for projects.
- Team member participation on projects for implementation of new applications, major application upgrades and site roll-in efforts.
- Coordinate efforts between development, support groups and suppliers for project delivery (single ownership).
- Ensure that the solutions delivered are in compliance with audit requirements.
- Participate in the Program/Project Change management process.
- Serve as "Customer Relationship Manager" for an assigned projects or business units.
- Collaborates with technical and in-house customer service personnel to determine nature of and resolve complex problems
- Conducts the analysis of potential technology solutions to moderately complex technology issues; ensures successful implementation of procedural fixes.
- Implements changes to support model to better share support responsibilities across the team and with solution owners.
- Manages the analysis and evaluation of applications and provides advanced level technical recommendations to resolve issues and improve utilization.
- Maintains expertise in emerging technology and software trends.
- Demonstrates expertise in moderately complex business processes and requirements assessments.
- Performs moderately complex cost/benefit analysis when investigating purchase and development decisions.
- Develops and monitors project budgets for moderately complex projects.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Financial Management For It Services - The ability to give accurate and cost effective stewardship of IT assets and resources used in providing IT Services. It is used to plan, control and recover costs expended in providing the IT Service negotiated and agreed to in the service-level agreement (SLA)
- Project Management - entails establishing and maintaining the "Balanced Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a "project"). This includes the phases of Planning, Implementation and Close-out.
- Issue Management - This skill is about managing project change, and continually balancing/re-balancing the project plan triangle of scope, schedule and resources, and following-up on the countermeasures and action items to implement
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - This skill is concerned with understanding the KEY deliverables and processes for each functional area involved in a project team
- Project Risk Management - Project Risk Management involves risk identification, analysis, and mitigation. This is a process of brainstorming first, then prioritization, and definition of countermeasures.
- Databases (Project Management) - Databases (Project Management) entails providing and maintaining a team database workspace in order to organize, share, maintain, and protect project information
- Product Cost Management - Product Costing entails the ability to understand the product cost target, compile the product cost estimate at a bill-of-materials level, identify the potential cost improvements and track progress through the program.
College, university, or equivalent degree required.
Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
Compensation and Benefits
- Lead planning, execution, monitoring and status reporting of projects within Oracle Financial Release 12 Program.
- Responsible to create and finalize detailed project plan / cutover plan by working with project teams. Monitoring and management of issues and risks.
- key member in the Oracle Financials Release 12 program (BOLT) to re-implement the current 11i Oracle Finance system into R12 for Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and AGIS (Intercompany).
- Lead, plans and executes activities for site deployments including but not limited to data conversion, reconciliation, cutover, infant care and transition to production support team.
- Responsible to create and finalize detailed deployment plan / cutover plan with plant sites and CBS teams.
- Monitoring and management of issues and risks.
- Lead, plan and execute requirement socialization in a release
- Communication of key milestone such as testing cycles, instance readiness etc. with site teams, and gain commitment to review deliverables and for active participation.
- Support the site readiness leader in functional team to plan, communicate and deliver - Training, Work Instructions etc.
- Support deployment for critical initiatives e.g. DBU financial controls and ERP plant deployments.
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. NA
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: