|Job Ref:||204763134||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum Bonus, Pension, Healthcare etc||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
FACILITIES ENGINEER / COORDINATOR: LANCASHIRE, SALARY 25-28K BASIC PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS. ESTABLISHED PROCESS DIVISION OF A LARGE MULTINATIONAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY. |
Our client is part of a huge multinational company, a process manufacturer of chemical products used in a range of applications. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Facilities Engineer.
To have responsibility for the upkeep of the site buildings and infrastructure including the management of contract work in support of the Maintenance Manager. Management of minor capital and revenue projects.
- Ensure that all site buildings and infrastructure are fit for purpose and meet all relevant company SHE standards and legislative requirements. Where deficiencies are found, ensure that these are raised through the management line with suggested solutions.
- Define and execute improvement projects to improve compliance and reliability of site buildings and infrastructure in the most cost effective way possible.
- Establish and manage appropriate site services contracts for all site activities associated with buildings or infrastructure including management of onsite contractor work in support of the above.
- Perform the role of site responsible person for asbestos management.
- Perform operational auditing of the site`s legionella control systems.
- Ensure that all codal and preventative maintenance tasks associated with site buildings and infrastructure are properly documented in the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) and are completed on time and in full.
- Ensure that SAP is up to date with respect to holding and usage of engineering and maintenance spares by leading monthly and year end inventory checks and any remedial action which might arise.
- Support Engineering activities during annual Shutdowns and Engineering outages as required.
- Perform minor maintenance repair work where the use of an outside contractor is not justified.
- Any other tasks as dictated by the needs of the business.
Note that the following is considered to fall into the definition of "buildings and infrastructure" :
- Office buildings
- Plant Buildings
- Any other structures
- Ground works and drains
- Rooves, gutters and drainpipes
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of CMMS systems
- Knowledge of basic engineering standards
- Experience with administering Safe Systems of Work
- Experience in defining and managing projects
- Experience in managing contractors
- Knowledge and ability to undertake minor joinery, plastering, painting and general property upkeep to a good standard
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail. We can offer the best possible guidance and support to ensure you secure the position