|Job Ref:||204763647||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£59305 - £65894/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Major Projects Building Control Surveyor to join the team in Central London. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £59,305 - £65,894 per annum plus car (or allowance), bonus and benefits.|
NHBC (National House-Building Council) is a non-profit distributing company and the leading warranty and insurance provider and standard setter for UK house-building for new and newly converted homes. We reinvest all our surpluses in achieving our primary purpose: improving quality in house building to protect homeowners through cover provided by the NHBC Buildmark policy.
With the growth in complex high rise developments, particularly in London, we have created a brand new team to meet this challenge. Due to continued growth we are looking to add to this successful team. Based from our new City of London office, we offer the opportunity to work on a variety of the UK's most iconic and technically challenging projects, developing an interesting and rewarding career with a company that has a recognised reputation for excellence.
What are the responsibilities of the Major Projects Building Control Surveyor?
Involved right from inception you will liaise with client design teams and provide professional support, carrying out Building Regulations technical assessments and leading the building control function on these highly complex developments. You will offer onsite guidance to builders and our own inspection teams, as well as undertaking forensic investigations.
As our Major Projects Building Control Surveyor you will enjoy the support of a multi-disciplined professional team but with autonomy and responsibility to make your mark and be recognised and associated with some of the most technically exciting projects this country has seen.
What skills do I need to have to become a Major Projects Building Control Surveyor?
- As a Chartered professional (RICS, CABE, CIOB), you should bring substantial construction industry experience and knowledge of Building Control relating to complex high rise structures.
- Awareness of forensic investigations of buildings, defect identification and repair.
- Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision, in line with established policies and procedures. Knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
- A basic salary from £59,305 - £65,894 depending on experience.
- Up to 6% bonus.
- Company car or car allowance.
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Partially funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Click 'apply' today for the opportunity to join the UK's leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Major Projects Building Control Surveyor.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities in all fields