|Job Ref:||204763747||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£54903 - £61003/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Major Projects Manager to join the team in Central London. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £54,903 - £61,003 per annum plus car (or allowance), bonus and benefits.|
NHBC (National House-Building Council) is a non-profit distributing company and the leading warranty and insurance provider and standard setter for UK house-building for new and newly converted homes. We reinvest all our surpluses in achieving our primary purpose: improving quality in house building to protect homeowners through cover provided by the NHBC Buildmark policy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in NHBC for a Major Projects Manager to work as part of our dedicated Major Projects team working from our new City of London office. The team and this role have been established due to the increasing size, complexity and number of large building projects in the UK, but particularly in London.
What are the responsibilities of the Major Projects Manager?
You will lead the technical risk management of complex, high risk and high value new build and conversion projects. Manage and co-ordinate the input of other specialists in the team including engineers, surveyors and inspectors. Engage, influence and negotiate with developers and their design teams at the proposal stage to provide expert knowledge, and professional and technical advice on NHBC Standards, Building Regulations and codes and standards in order to guide them towards compliant solutions that present an acceptable technical risk to NHBC.
What skills do I need to have to become a Major Projects Manager?
- You will have Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution and an in depth knowledge and understanding of at least one of the following key areas: Building Regulations, Engineering, NHBC Standards, building construction and technology.
- Having extensive relevant building/construction with advanced knowledge of the housing and commercial sectors, you will also have an understanding of building pathology and experience of building defect identification and land remediation.
- You will possess a thorough knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards and legislation.
- You will have good communication skills both verbal and written with appropriate interpersonal and presentational skills and will be IT literate and proficient in the use a range of MSOffice software programs.
- A full driving licence is required, and the role is office based in London but may be seconded or required to work elsewhere in the UK as required.
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
- A basic salary from £54,903 - £61,003 depending on experience.
- 6% bonus.
- Company car or car allowance.
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Click 'apply' today for the opportunity to join the UK's leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Major Projects Manager.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities in all fields