|Job Ref:||204763875||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury St Edmunds||Address:||Post Code:||IP33||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice working within the property, infrastructure and construction industry. We are justifiably proud of our reputation for innovation and service and for being a great place to work.|
Currently we are looking to appoint a Principal Building Surveyor in our Bury St Edmunds office, who will expand and manage the Building Surveying team, offering exciting career prospects and the opportunity to progress into a management position within the firm.
The broad range of disciplines we provide is representative of the multi-professional business that we are. At Pick Everard you work in partnership with other disciplines, giving you the opportunity to collaborate and build close working relationships with architects, engineers, surveyors, project managers, consultants and specialists from across the built environment.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance, and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
About the role
You will be responsible for carrying out surveys, inspections, schedules etc. and the overall management of schemes in the East of England. We are leading suppliers on a number of major national and regional public sector procurement frameworks, so you will be working on a variety of projects in the region. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in business development activities.
Key skills and experience:
- Significant experience in general building surveying duties
- Project management experience of building maintenance work, refurbishment and alterations of existing buildings
- Experience in public sector projects
- Knowledge of building principles, preparing plans and specifications
- Experience in liaison directly with clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to monitor and report on progress and expenditure of projects
- Excellent communication and client facing skills, combined with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Full membership of RICS or CIOB
Our Employee benefits
You will receive a competitive basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, as well as:
- Stakeholder pension (3-6%)
- Life assurance
- 26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + opportunity to purchase up to 5 more days of leave
- Professional subscriptions
- Discretionary bonus
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Recommend a Friend scheme that rewards you for every successful staff introduction you make
If you are interested in this Principal Building Surveyor role in Bury St Edmunds please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current remuneration or salary expectations