|Job Ref:||204764182||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Denton||Address:||Salary:||£14 - £17/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
My client is looking for a Technical Estimator in Denton. Working on a 3 Month Initial Contract.|
The purpose of the role is to support the self-delivery team in providing Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric business cases to our clients for works above client mandate and to provide estimating services for additional work streams to our existing NA time to time the role will involve the provision of estimating resource and support new bids from external clients.
You will be reporting tot the Operations Director.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* To collate Information from our field engineers and suppliers and provide consistent business cases on a national basis to our clients
* Identify and call upon any required technical support in order to produce the estimate
* Researching Materials, equipment and labour costs
* Collecting quotes from materials suppliers and sub-contractors
* Estimating and planning job timescales
* Assessing the levels and pricing of risk on a job/project
* Analysing company data, productivity rates and prices
* Contribute to the securing of new business by working closely with the bid team, suppliers and technical departments within the company.
* Interrogate tender specification and pricing in comparison to benchmark data
* Assist in the preparation of tender submission documents
* Office based buy with some travel to client sites and company offices.
* HNC/HND or degree in; Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Mechanical and electrical engineering
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
* Good problem solving skills
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* A good business awareness
* Organised approach to work and the ability to meet deadlines
* To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines.
* Able to produce a database for repetitive quotes
* Asses individual rates and prices, amend, create new or inset from material and subcontract quotes.
* Check figures for other estimator's tenders as required.
* Provide support to other estimators n pricing renders and providing budget costing.
If you feel like you have the relevant experience then please apply by submitting your CV