|Job Ref:||204764244||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Post Code:||N1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum pension, healthcare||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
My client, a main contractor based in North London, are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to take up a permanent position. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be a key member of the team, working on numerous projects and fulfilling an Assistant Quantity/ Contract Surveying role. The Assistant QS will be part of a larger team internally and will also deal with all other relevant parties including clients, Architects, Engineers, Project Managers and subcontractors.|
Duties will include:
* Helping determine the client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
* Benchmarking requirements against similar projects.
* Helping define the project budget, and checking developing designs against the project budget.
* Assessing value for money.
* Attended weekly/ monthly progress meetings.
* Checking designs meet legal and quality standards.
* Undertaking risk management and value management exercises.
* Preparing cost plans, estimates and cash flow projections.
* Advising on procurement strategy.
* Site measurement/remeasurement.
* Material scheduling and purchase/ Plant hire
* Preparing pricing schedules and preparing tender pricing documents.
* Collating and issuing tender documentation, assessing tenders.
* Estimating the cost of variations.
* Preparing regular cost reports, including out-turn cost and cash flow.
* Completing the final account.
The company are forward-thinking and are trying to offer something different in the construction industry. As such they are looking for like-minded people to join them, and want to meet enthusiastic candidates who are keen to develop their careers in an environment which encourages thinking 'outside the box.'
Applicants should have previous experience of quantity surveying duties, and should hold a Degree/HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying. You must be an excellent organiser with proven time management and communication skills.
Contact us now with your current CV to apply