|Job Ref:||204764725||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
I am recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineer to work around the Midlands area The engineer must have at least 4 years experience building Highways and infrastructure.|
* Setting out using total stations, GPS equipment, and to be able to undertake traditional setting out using profiles, batter rail and pegs
* Read and review construction drawings
* Undertake basic take-off's
* Raising technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
* Have a good commercial understanding and know the difference between cost and value
* Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers
* Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
* Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we're looking for?
A first class civil engineering firm needs first class people, and my client prides themselves on a no-nonsense approach to work. They're seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have strong highways and structure experience. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification. You'll also be certified and competent to use cable avoidance tools and understand HSG47.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel throughout the Midlands area. A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.
My client offers life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme