|Job Ref:||204764967||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:22|
Working for a well-respected developer in the built environment with a commitment for sustainable design and build, this role will have an active role in communicating and helping to deliver the companies sustainability strategy across the organisation. This will include delivering the sustainability programme in a number of their sites in the South-East of the UK.
* Be active in communicating the sustainability strategy to staff in the organisation
* Make construction site visits to deliver full environmental management systems against company targets, and advise on improvements
* Be actively involved in the collection, analysis and reporting of data to inform against sustainability targets
* Conduct formal and informal training to staff
* Work with project teams throughout the development process to actively inform and champion sustainability metrics
* Prepare guidance information for company staff in line with sustainability delivery
* Meet with senior management and directors to communicate sustainability performance
* A degree in a relevant subject
* A strong foundation of experience working as a sustainability practitioner in a strategic role.
* Excellent understanding of EMS, waste and other sustainability criteria in the construction environment.
* Good knowledge of widespread sustainability issues (esp. construction context), focusing not only on environmental issues, but also the social and economic impacts of the company's activities.
* Strong communication and presentation skills are essential
* The ability to work independently and manage own workload
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a company that is fully invested in the sustainability agenda. This role also has excellent career development opportunities