|Job Ref:||204767444||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Salary:||£14 - £17/hour Over-Time / Weekend Work||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:23|
Activus Recruitment is currently recruiting for Time-served Bricklayers to join our client in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire |
Typical responsibilities include:
• Cutting bricks to size using hammers, chisels or power tools
• Laying the bricks in horizontal layers (courses)
• Measuring out the work area and laying the first courses according to the architect's plans
• Mixing mortar, either by hand or with a mixing machine
• Spreading mortar evenly to fix the bricks into place
• Ensuring that the line of the wall is totally straight and level. For this, a spirit level or plumb line may be used
• Making access holes in the walls to allow electricians, plumbers, and other workers to bring water, electricity, and commodities into the building
• Good practical skills.
• The ability to work carefully and accurately.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• A good awareness of health and safety issues (especially when carrying heavy loads at great heights).
• An ability to read technical plans.
• A good level of fitness
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
How to Apply
You can apply for this position by clicking on the Apply Now link or call Activus Recruitment directly on (Apply online only) for more information