|Job Ref:||204767677||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Runcorn||Address:||Post Code:||WA7||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum package||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:23|
£30,000 - £40,000
As an Estimator you will assist in the tendering for projects and will become an important member of the estimating team for Major Projects and Civil Engineering works. You will be responsible for securing contract awards and ensuring their effective handover to the operations team to ensure successful delivery.
This organisation are a globally renowned civil engineering firm who are growing consistently and through this time of growth need to appoint an intermediate estimator.
Your duties will include;
- Acknowledge receipt of enquiry documentation, as required.
- Respond to general enquiries from prospective clients, involving basic site visits / surveys, meetings, producing and pricing technical proposals.
- Initial review of enquiry to make recommendation for bid/no-bid action to Estimating Director.
- Review enquiry documentation and distribute to members of bid/commercial/SHEQ/design team, making decisions on timescales and responsibilities.
- Initiate bid team meetings to assign tasks and monitor progress, as required.
- Attend site meetings to enable accurate pricing of the works.
- Liaise with external designers on production of optimum design solution where applicable.
- Liaise with commercial department regarding review of tender terms and conditions and qualifications that need to be included with our offer.
- Complete tender risk assessment (Form QMF-82) where applicable
- Send enquiries to subcontractors for best market prices.
- Review and interrogate subcontract and supplier quotations and request amendments, as required.
- Review and amend, as required, design documents.
- Produce price build-up to win the work and provide required margins.
- Produce submission documents required in submission to client, e.g. price schedule, offer document, payment milestone schedule, qualifications, design drawings and documents, route drawings, programmes, RAMS, etc. (working in conjunction with Bid Manager / other members of bid team)
- Arrange sign-off at appropriate authority level.
- Arrange submission of tender documents.
- Attend clarification and negotiation meetings with the client.
- Make and assist with preparation of MS Powerpoint presentations to the client.
- Respond to customer queries relating to the bid.
- Revise prices and submissions to the client, as required.
- Revalidate submissions to the client, as required.
- Ensure effective contract handover to operations team.
- Assist the operations team with queries regarding tender/contract documentation.
- Assist the operations team with queries regarding price build-up and allowances.
- Participate in meetings, interviews etc. with subcontractors, clients and stakeholders.
- Keep tender pipeline updated with latest information for own bids.
- Attend meetings with clients for updates on current and previous tender submissions.
- Assist with expanding the supply chain and develop on-going collaborative relationships with existing suppliers.
- Act in a professional manner, appropriate to a representative of the company.
- Work to build strong working relationships with clients
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join an already well established business at this time of growth. With an excellent chance for career progression and competitive salary packages, please be in touch for more details.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Philip O'Connor, call today on (Apply online only) or email
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy