|Job Ref:||204767830||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South West London||Address:||Post Code:||SW1||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:23|
Job title: Technical Designer |
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Location: South West London
Job Type: Permanent
My client is a leading Design and Build Contractor based in the South West London area. With a fantastic reputation and a number of prestigious projects on the books, they are looking to expand their team.
* Site survey work and translate into accurate CAD drawings
* Statutory approvals awareness of current legislation and assisting in applying this with Concept designers, designs at an early stage of the project.
* Production information and technical drawings. For construction purposes
* Space analysis/usage reports.
* Space planning
* Compilation of O&M information including as-builts.
* Liaison with pre-contract/Contract teams, to ensure build-ability
* Maintain accurate design records and drawing issue sheets and registers.
* Detailed design and development on CAD system and drawing board, including general arrangement drawings, reflected ceiling, floor plan furniture layouts and associated drawings, for a co-ordinated package.
* Production of presentation montage boards, ensuring good liaison and co-ordination for the designs that you are responsible for, with other team members specification details and budgets.
* The presentation of design requirements interpreted as design schemes in the format of presentation boards, montage boards and visuals to support the sales teams successful award of projects and retention of clients.
* Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers in relation to technical details, availability of product and cost information when working to budgets.
* Compliance with CDM and Health & Safety Regulations.
* Early production of drawing schedules with pre-contract and contract teams to identify all drawings required, and time scales within which to produce. Practical approach to be taken when determining the extent of technical drawings.
* Ensure all Building Control, Local Authority and other statutory submissions are made on a timely basis.
* With existing resources, maintain full depth design library to support both pitch and delivery stages.
* Above all to take this job description as our minimum expectation, to work over and beyond our minimum expectation in order to achieve the success that is available to you within the business.
Education, experience and essential:
* Relevant Degree (Interior Design, Architecture etc.)
* At least 3 years' experience in the role or a role similar.
* Experience in commercial office design
* Portfolio that shows evidence of your relevant experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to further their career, the business itself will not let you down and will carry you to the next level. Please give me a call if you are interested in the role!
Maurice Duro - Interior Design and Architecture Consultant
(Apply online only)