|Job Ref:||204769143||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wembley||Address:||Post Code:||HA9||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:23|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the industries most vibrant and exciting companies, specialising in Structural and Architectural Steel, Commercial Refurb and Fit Out sector. |
Due to continued growth and a strong order book there is now an opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join the business. You will be required support the Procurement team in all aspects of Supply Chain Management, delivering a direct report into to the Directors of the business.
The Buyer shall be responsible for establishing, maintaining and implementing a system for purchasing the consumables (sections, bolts, welding consumables etc.) and services for each project. All sections to be purchased in accordance with the BCSA Model Specification for Steel Sections and Plates. Similarly, all structural bolts to be purchased in accordance with the BCSA Model Specification for Structural Fasteners and Holding down bolts. The Buyer shall report to the Director of Quality & Technical Compliance (RWC) & Production Director.
The Buyer is responsible for ensuring that any communicated or standing requirements are confirmed to or agreed by the selected supplier and that these requirements fall within their known (or confirmed) capabilities. The buyer is responsible for ensuring that all purchases are correctly and promptly authorised in line with purchasing limits and that required verification or providence information (e.g. steel certificates) are collated efficiently and promptly following the order. The Buyer ensures that applicable marking instructions are submitted to suppliers with every purchase and oversees the receiving inspection and traceability of materials
• Responsible for co-ordinating all requisitions of materials from Project Managers, sites and workshop to ensure that all requirements are communicated and agreed with any purchase.
• Stock Control & Identification
• Ensures that applicable marking instructions are submitted to suppliers with every purchase and oversees the receiving inspection and traceability of materials.
• Requirement Identification
• Steel Stock
• All identified steel stock requirements will be reviewed against the Remainder Stock list (see Stock Control & Identification).
• Reusable Remainders will be deducted from the purchasing requirements.
• Stock purchases must be to the project specified grade
• Where there is any need, operation or commercial advantage to up-grading material, design modifications must be made and approved in the normal way
• Purchase Order to Project traceability to demonstrate this is required for CE certificates of performance to be issued.
• Standard 'Steel Suppliers' Notes added to purchase order to set out
• CEV values
• CE marking requirements
• Test certification requirements
• Traceability marking requirements
• Connectors are purchased and managed as complete sets with certified performance criteria and purchased per project to ensure traceability
• Standard 'Bolt Suppliers' Notes added to purchase order to set out
• CE marking requirements
• Certification and declaration of performance requirements
• Traceability requirements
• Standard Notes are added for each applicable type of order, notably:
• Welding Consumables
• Fabrication Drawings
• NDT Factory Inspections
• NDT Site MPI
• Where applicable terms notes exist these must be used unless alternative project-specific or purchase-specific wording has been accepted by the directors.
The Successful Applicant:
A successful applicant for the role of Buyer will be based within the North West London area and will have the following skills:
• A proven track record in Procurement experience within a Regulated Environment
• Strong subcontractor management
• Relevant Category experience across the Steel sector.
• Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
In return a basic salary of £40,000 to £50,000 basic + package is on offer.
If you would like further details regarding this position or alternatively like to submit your application, please contact David Mead on (Apply online only)