|Job Ref:||204768348||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South West London||Address:||Post Code:||SW1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:24|
Job title: Project Designer (Small and Medium Projects) |
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: South West London
Job Type: Permanent
My client is a leading Design and Build Contractor based in the South West London area. With a fantastic reputation and a number of prestigious projects on the books, they are looking to expand their team.
* Site survey work.
* Statutory approvals.
* Production information and technical drawings.
* Space analysis/usage reports.
* Space planning.
* Compilation of O&M information including as-builts.
* Liaison with Small and Medium Enterprise Project Consultants, to ensure buildability.
* Maintain accurate design records and drawing issue sheets and registers.
* Detailed design and development on CAD system and drawing board, including general arrangement drawings, reflected ceiling, floor plan furniture layouts and associated drawings, for a co-ordinated package.
* Production of presentation montage boards, ensuring good liaison and co-ordination for the designs that you are responsible for, with other team member's specification details and budgets.
* The presentation of design requirements interpreted as design schemes in the format of presentation boards, montage boards and visuals to support the Small and Medium Enterprise divisions' successful award of projects and retention of clients.
* Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers in relation to technical details, availability of product and cost information when working to budgets.
* Compliance with CDM and Health & Safety Regulations.
* Early production of drawing schedules with Small and Medium Enterprise division to identify all drawings required, and timescales within which to produce. Practical approach to be taken when determining the extent of technical drawings.
* Ensure all Building Control, Local Authority and other statutory submissions are made on a timely basis.
* With existing resources, maintain full depth design library to support both pitch and delivery stages within Small and Medium Enterprise Division.
* On specific projects, taking a brief from the client and developing the concept for presentation to secure the project.
* On specific projects the designer will act as account manager, taking a brief from the client, developing the concept for presentation, preparing the specification and cost plan and managing the project through to a successful completion. Assistance will be given by the Small and Medium Enterprise Manager to develop this aspect.
Education, experience and essential:
* Relevant Degree (Interior Design, Architecture etc.)
* At least 3 years' experience in the role or a role similar.
* Experience in commercial office design
* Portfolio that shows evidence of your relevant experience
This role is an opportunity for all types of Designers but especially for someone who is willing to but hard work and passion into everything they do, someone who is determined to succeed and someone who will not give up.
Maurice Duro - Interior Design and Architecture Consultant
(Apply online only)