|Job Ref:||204767286||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£400 - £450/day||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:24|
Purpose of the Job-|
The Purpose of the role is to support the client's Project Manager to discharge the technical component of his duties under the contract in the delivery of the stabling sidings at Ilford and other enabling works. The role is also to support the relevant Heads of Discipline to discharge the client's Technical Authority, specifically in relation to ensuring overall design configuration control and integration with the rest of the railway.
Principal Accountabilities -
* Part of the Chief Engineer's Group and supporting the Manager of Engineering , the Project Manager , the HOD and other team members on a frequent and detailed basis
* Ensure that all design interfaces within scoped areas and at works contract boundaries are appropriately managed through Interface communication protocols
* Promote the identification, tracking and resolution / closure of interfaces with all parties
* Support the PM in the change control process.
* For any agreed changes, monitor and report on the design and deliverables such that the design is delivered on time and to budget, meeting the Client's requirements.
* For any agreed changes, clarify the interface arrangements such that other disciplines are supplied with information to allow their progression.
* Coordinate the supply of the Client's sourced technical information to the Contractors designers and contractors to allow his programme to progress.
* ICDs: expedite design and construction ICDs to ensure these are kept up-to-date and signed off by all parties.
* EWNs / RFIs / NCRs: expedite production of, and responses to, Early Warning Notices (EWNs) / Requests For Information (RFIs) and Non Conformance Reports (NCR) as required. Work with team members to ensure that the client responds promptly, accurately and comprehensively.
* Risk Management: working with other team members, pursue a structured approach to effective management of risks as set out in the client's risk management policy.
* Provide input to reports on Contractor performance on progress and technical issues.
* Work with team members to ensure that CRL is discharging its duties under the CDM Regulations 2015, complying with the client's management arrangements for CDM, within their area of responsibility.
* Expedite resolution of engineering issues.
* Provide guidance, direction and briefing to the Contractors.
* Expedite acceptance of the Contractor's designs by the HOD maintaining the integrity of the project requirements and the project programme.
* Expedite the coordination, facilitation and management of interfaces, including third party interfaces, both internal and external.
* Work with team members to ensure the Contractor develops and maintains the necessary Design Logs and Hazard Logs to form part of close out handover documentation.
* Participate in reviews of the Contractor's compliance with their responsibilities, as designers, to satisfy Employer's Requirements and Standards, including Undertakings & Assurances, Environmental requirements, CDM obligations.
* Participate in reviews of Contractor's progress and compliance including Contractor technical submissions.
Person Specification -
* A Chartered Engineer or equivalent, with proven experience in Civil Engineering, and preferably with Rail or Depot Experience.
* Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
* A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting railway systems in particular the key interfaces and integrations of these systems during the design, construction, test / commissioning and operation stages of a railway depot.
* A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry and in particular the Network Rail design, development and assurance process.
* Knowledge of interoperability regulations and requirements.
* Good knowledge of construction planning and logistics.
* Experience in the management of leading consultants and staff.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business