|Job Ref:||204767180||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:24|
We are working with a leading name in the Construction Consultancy sector, who thanks to a growth in their diverse portfolio, are looking to recruit an Associate Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Specialist to join them.|
You will be joining a well-established team of consultants who pride themselves on providing outstanding Health and Safety guidance and advice, to a range of clients within both the public and private sectors from SME's to large blue chip corporate clients.
You will be providing H&S services on projects such as such as Principal Designer, Principal Designer Advisor, Independent Client Advisor and providing H&S Training.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the completion of PQQ/tender documents
- Providing quality assurance & compliance support to the clients
- Visiting sites and work alongside Principal Contractors and their Site Managers
- Conducting audits including both general H&S compliance and topic specific audits
- Investigating incidents as and when required
- Providing H&S advice, guidance, training and support across the client base
- Advising and instructing clients in the use of their health and safety management system and other relevant procedures
- Liaising with Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required
- Advising clients on matters of Health & Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
As with all H&S led roles, qualification and accreditation will be key.
To fulflil the role, you must have proven experience providing client side Health and Safety services within the construction or property industry.
You must be:
- At least Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH) or Fellow of IIRSM
- Incorporated Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS) working toward Certified Member of the Association for Project Safety (CMaPS)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- CDM Management and experience at Client and Designer level
- Good working knowledge of UK H&S/CDM15 legislation
The following are also desirable but not essential
- A Construction and / or Design qualification and professional membership
- Training qualification particularly delivering IOSH, APS and CITB courses SMSTS, SSSTS, H&S Awareness etc.
- H&S management system auditing with OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead auditor status desirable NVQ Assessor up to Level 5/6
- Experience in carrying out Fire Safety Audits/Fire Safety Risk Assessments
- Attained P405 - Management of Asbestos in Buildings and worked with Clients/Principal Contractors in managing construction projects