|Job Ref:||204766721||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:24|
Design Manager required for large Main Contractor with +£50million projects in central Manchester. The forthcoming project is a large student accommodation/High Rise residential project - concrete frame by design|
With a strong pipeline of Manchester based work, its a great time to be joining this renowned Main contractor.
key criteria we are looking for will be:
- Knowledge of Building Sector.
- Previous employment as a Design Co-ordinator, D&B Manager or Design Manager.
- Previous experience in building sector projects such as Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Apartment Blocks, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Extra Care Housing, MOJ, Industrial, Education or Healthcare.
- Previous Main Contractor employment.
- High level of communication skills.
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc) & good site based experience in an engineering or site/project management capacity
The role will be responsible for the management of design related issues across multiple sectors from Pre Construction though to the Construction Stages of individual projects.
The function requires experience in the appointment and management of consultants, monitoring the production of detailed design and managing the design appraisal review process for projects in delivery.
Must be experienced in managing the design process, identifying design solutions, design risk and opportunities to support the business in delivering existing pipeline and securing new work.
The position requires that our Contractual Design Responsibilities are effectively managed and related risks controlled.
Responsible for all design activities in conjunction with the development team and transition to the delivery teams.
Manage all aspects of the consultants and specialist sub-contractors activities working with commercial teams to negotiate their appointments.
Please contact Mark Warrington on (Apply online only)