|Job Ref:||204765980||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||RH6 0PB||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:24|
JOB TITLE: Bid Writer / Bid Administrator |
WORK STREAM: ASSET MANAGEMENT
To collate information for and assist in the preparation of Quality Submissions and other documents, assisting the Associate Director, Business Managers and Bid teams by providing support and maintaining security of information in preparing submission documents. To liaise with Central Services to control all information in relation to tendering. Be the focal point for all communications with E-Procurement and operational staff to obtain information to support the bidding process.
Office based - support to Asset Management Team.
- Working with the Associate Director / Business Managers and Bid Teams
- Collation and control of bid information for the Asset Management Bid Teams
- Ensure security of information and comply with Data Protection Legislation.
- Control information flow between those supporting the bid process
- Attend bid meetings and take and circulate minutes.
- Monitor minute actions.
- Assists in document proof reading for grammar, accuracy and consistency.
- Monitor programme.
- Organise meeting timetables.
- Work in line with the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in partnership workshops.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- To support the bid process by producing well formatted and presented high quality expressions of interest, pre-qualification, tender and other documentation in accordance with accepted processes and procedures. Ensuring that all documents are completed on time, to a high standard and in accordance with the Client's stated requirements.
- Maintaining a common database of information that is easily accessible to the team. To include Client feedback, lessons learned and an evidence log and standard prequalification information.
- Improving the layout and presentation of the documents
- Ensuring that we follow the procedures (including governance) for completion of tenders and other submissions
- To challenge existing practices
- Support and where appropriate take an active part in the company-wide drive to excellence through the EFQM initiative
- Conduct every-day work activities in accordance with the company core values
- Maintain bid folders within the estimating drive ensuring any tender amendments are up to date with superseded information appropriately stored.
• Good standard and level of general education.
• Proven experience of producing written commentaries and solutions for prequalification and tender submission documents would be desirable
• Experience of working within the highway and civil engineering sectors or related industries would be desirable
• An understanding of operational and technical issues/considerations associated with Highways Term contracts and asset management, to allow the compilation of written solutions to support bidding opportunities is desirable