|Job Ref:||204769145||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winnersh||Address:||Post Code:||RG41||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
2nd/3rd Line Remote Support Engineer Windows Exchange VMware Hyper-V |
2nd/3rd Line Remote Support Engineer
The 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer provides escalation support to the 1st Line Service Desk Engineers. The role is critical to the successful operation of the Service Desk and requires a strong technical knowledge, in conjunction with a passion for customer service skills.
This role will be expecting to mentor the 1st Line Service Desk Engineers where possible as well as prompt and accurate incident resolution within agreed service levels.
Responsibilities will include:
* Technical desktop and laptop troubleshooting and resolution
* To work closely with internal teams and external suppliers
* To produce and maintain knowledgebase articles for use by Service Desk team
* Updated all assigned incidents within the TTS ticketing system and keeping the customer updated on progress
* Responding to escalations promptly
* Carry out additional ad-hoc duties as required
* Comply with health and safety, quality, security and environment policies, legislation and standards.
Key Skills and Experience:
* ITIL- must understand principles
* Microsoft Windows 7 and above troubleshooting
* Microsoft Active Directory user management
* Microsoft Exchange administration
* Basic knowledge LAN, WAN, VLAN
* Virtualisation (VMWare, Hyper-V)
* Backup administration and troubleshooting
* Microsoft MCSA 2012 (desirable)
* Cisco CCNA (desirable)
* Microsoft Exchange 2013 MCP (desirable)
* VCP 5+ (desirable)
* Microsoft Lync/Skype administration (desirable)
* Microsoft Azure knowledge (desirable)
* Wireless troubleshooting (desirable)
* Security administration (VPN, remote access)
This is a permanent role paying 28-30k per annum.
If you are a solid 2nd/3rd Line Remote Support Engineer with experience of Windows, Exchange, VMware or Hyper-V, Backups and basic Networking then please forward your CV over to me asap as interviews are being arranged immediately.
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation