|Job Ref:||204768946||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Full benefits package||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
Our client provide web based solutions to a wide range of public and private sector clients, in a variety of sectors, to enable them to buy services in a more efficient manner. All of the technological products are built and maintained by the in house development team, utilising all of the latest technologies. Our client pride ourselves on both the quality of their products and services as well as the way we in which they develop their staff.
The Business Analyst will report directly to the Technical Delivery Manager and be responsible for tailoring solutions to meet the demands of an increasing client base and increased levels of sophistication in the buying process.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of gathering requirements from a range of technical and non-technical sources and converting requirements into both high level documentation and detailed technical specifications.
Working closely with Project Managers, System Developers and key Stakeholders will be a daily occurrence and as such the need to explain requirements in both technical and non-technical terms will be imperative for the role.
Quality assurance will be key and so the successful candidate will be charged with ensuring developed solutions are not only meeting the standards laid out in the technical specification, but also meeting the objectives of the initial requirement.
• Requirement gathering and analysis
• Recommend improvements and offer evidence to support the need for development
• Provide ongoing input to development projects throughout the development cycle
• Producing, checking and assessing project documentation
• Keeping relevant parties informed on status of projects
• Defining standard quality control processes
• Creation and execution of end to end test plans and test scripts
• Undertake full quality testing on developments to ensure all standards are being met
• Willingness to provide occasional out of hours support
• Continue to stay up to date with the latest technological developments
Essential Skills / Experience / Personal Qualities
• Bachelor's Degree (2:1 or above)
• Proficient with Microsoft Visio, Word and Excel
• Working knowledge of PowerPoint
• Minimum of 3 years' experience as a business analyst
• Excellent communicator, verbal and written
• Retentive, systematic and pragmatic
• Able to work alone or with a team
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Logical and objective
• Able to work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Excellent attention to detail
• Comfortable dealing with competing demands
• Ability to start new projects and follow through to completion
• Exceptional multi-tasking and time management skills
• Industry experience is a bonus but not essential
• £40k per annum
• Dedicated training budget per annum
• Bonus of up to 10% of salary based on company performance