|Job Ref:||204768742||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£27000 - £35000/annum 27-35k dependant experience||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
Due to an ongoing transformation programme, our Client are recruiting an experienced QA Tester or Quality Engineer, responsible for the quality of software products and services working in a SaaS environment, working within cross-functional delivery teams, operating with Agile methodology. |
• Actively and accurately execute testing within software releases to ensure a quality product
• Become subject matter expert on the company platform capability
• Collaborate with Product Owners, BA's, Configurators, Technical and Test Leads to evaluate and assure quality of User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, and Test Cases with regards to customer, functional and technical requirements
• Provide quality input to test planning, ensuring business requirements are understood and that realistic delivery goals are defined and aligned to project delivery expectations
• Support and lead effective Defect Management including Triage, Root Cause Analysis, Defect Tracking and Progress Reporting
• Ensure submitted defects are of high quality and followed up in a timely manner.
• Engage key stakeholders in triage and escalate business critical issues in a timely manner using appropriate governance channels
• Provide input and expertise to contribute to continuous improvement of the SDLC Process and testing strategy
Founded in 1990 in Norway, Achilles now employ 900+ people in 22 countries, offering truly global sustainable procurement services, with local expertise. We have 36 established supplier management schemes, serving more than 790 of the world's largest companies and around 77,000 registered suppliers.
Achilles works to identify, qualify, evaluate and monitor suppliers on behalf of major organisations worldwide. They build and support buyer-supplier communities in many industry sectors including Utilities, ICT, Mining, Oil & Gas, Public Sector, and Transport, creating unique and powerful global networks. Their services for professional procurement help create opportunities for business and reduce risk in the supply chain.
Knowledge and previous experience
• Practical experience of quality management techniques and methods applied in a fast paced agile software development environment, with the ability to manage communications at all levels of the business.
• Previous experience in either software development, testing or quality assurance
• IT or Computer Science equivalent degree (desirable)
• Certification in software testing i.e. ISTQB Certified (desirable)
• Strong knowledge of the SDLC and related working environment
• Preferably Automation
• Strong PC skills incl. MS Office, PowerPoint, Visio & Project
• Experience with defect and change management tools e.g. TFS, Rally, HP QC or Jira
Base Salary of £27-35j depending on experience with the following benefits:
• 25 days annual leave + public holidays
• Non-contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Subsidised Gym Membership
For more information please forward your CV via the link on this page