|Job Ref:||204768726||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£200 - £320/day||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
Technical Author / Instructional Designer - Derby- £(Apply online only)/day (6 month contract, can be Temp2Perm)|
Here at Rebel Recruitment we only work with companies we are proud to represent. Companies that treat their people well; have interesting and challenging projects, and where people can genuinely develop their skills and careers.
Working with one such company based in Derby, I am looking for a Technical Author to join their ranks!
We visited their offices and saw a relaxed environment where everybody seems to have a good work/life balance, the management is approachable, and people genuinely enjoy what they do.
You'll be responsible for stylizing, rebranding, and adding structure to new and existing documentation, and potentially, instructional video content. The initial task will be to get all Technical and Instructional content in sync with the latest versions of the software, before adding new features and enhancements. If you have experience of, and want to, you will get the opportunity to create instructional videos!
At a glance, you'll need:
• Excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
• Advanced PC literacy
• Pragmatic planning, research and writing skills
• Ability to interpret complex design specifications and to independently learn new technologies
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to enable you to liaise with other staff such as Development, Product Manager, Technical Consultants to ascertain the detail and flow of the content
• Independent, a self-starter, efficient and a team player
• Detail-oriented, deadline-driven and goal-focused
• Resourceful, flexible, creative and able to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
• Vast Experience in technical writing, documenting software and hardware products.
• Experience in all phases of document creation, from template design to printed or online help format
• Writing, editing and proofreading text
• Collating and verifying information - Version Release documentation, new function changes
• Creating and editing pictures and diagrams - Mainly screen shots
• Producing Context Help - Adobe Robo Help - CHM files along with version / release control
• Standard module Manuals for reference
• Operational Cheat Sheets / Prompt Sheets in Operational workflow often linking multiple subjects
• Added advantage: experience of creating Training Videos with Adobe or Captivate
This role is based in Derby, not far from Pride Park, so is also commutable from Nottingham.
The role is initially a 6 month contract, and if you'd like to, it can be turned
into a permanent role. if you would like it to remain just a 6 month contract role though, it can be kept that way too- so there's lots of flexibility here!
If the role could be of interest please apply now, or get in touch on the number above to find out more.
Rebel is an equal opportunities recruitment company.
Technical Author - Derby- £(Apply online only)/day (6 month contract, can be Temp2Perm)