|Job Ref:||204768407||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
IT Operations Manager|
Location: Coventry, CV1 4JU, West Midlands
Salary: £32,000 - £44,000 + benefits
Contract: Full time, permanent.
As a Cloud and Internet Services Provider, Syscomm offer high-end Managed Cloud, Network, Internet and Voice solutions from their network of 6 UK Data Centres with day-to-day support coming from their modern office environment in Coventry.
Due to growth in the business, Syscomm is looking for a hands-on IT Operations Manager to join their expanding team.
The successful candidates will be mostly office based, and primarily responsible for:
- Maintaining availability of critical VMware and Microsoft infrastructure
- Expansion of the Data Centre application and Server hosting environment
- Providing 3rd line support for the 2nd line support team
- Specification and project management of customer solution delivery
- Management of technical staff and IT processes to enhance service delivery
- Managing adherence to IT processes and minimising risks in accordance with ITIL and ISO27001
To help the company meet its customer's expectations, the role will involve occasional out of hours working as a part of an on-call rota.
You will be methodical with an eye for detail, and offer expert knowledge of mainstream IT Systems and Applications from VMware and Microsoft. Experience of coordinating a team to meet technical and business objectives is desirable. You will have excellent communication skills and be happy to act as a Syscomm ambassador from time-to-time in front of customers. You will be committed to offering the highest levels of support, and remain calm and professional whilst fixing critical faults.
The successful candidate will be a senior member of the team reporting to Directors, and be comfortable configuring and troubleshooting critical Systems infrastructure, mentoring other members of the team and contributing to the company`s long-term vision.
Essential skills required:
- An expert understanding of complex VMware vSphere environments, and the supporting SAN and Veeam backup infrastructure
- An expert understanding of building and troubleshooting complex High Availability Microsoft Server, Exchange, SQL and Office 365 environments
- A understanding of basic Networking and the fundamentals of TCP/IP is expected
- Organised and able to plan and prioritise the workload of a technical team
- Business aware and able to develop IT solutions around business objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving license
Advanced technical certifications such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP or VMware VCP, and process certifications like ITIL, PRINCE2 or Six-Sigma are expected, but are not essential.
A broader experience with IT Networking, Network Security and/or Voice, with qualifications like CCNA or CCNP is also desirable, but is not essential.
What you will get in return:
The company offers a varied and dynamic role with fantastic opportunities to gain experience with a wide range of innovative and cutting-edge IT technologies. Syscomm host regular social occasions, and has a culture in which doors are left open for all staff to grow and excel within the company.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
Keywords: IT Operations, IT Support, IT Engineer, Team Leader, 3rd Line, Helpdesk, VMware, Microsoft, Infrastructure, Troubleshooting, It Manager, Manager