|Job Ref:||204768376||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cornwall||City:||Falmouth||Address:||Post Code:||TR11||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
Network and Infrastructure Engineer - Falmouth |
We have a 3-6 month contract opportunity with our client for a Network and Infrastructure Engineer based at the client's University campus location in Falmouth.
The role will require you to be a Network and Infrastructure Engineer, and expand the delivery capabilities of the client and its partner organisations. The applicant will need to be bright, imaginative, and capable technologist with good communication and customer engagement skills who can develop and enhance existing business process by applying technical solutions.
You will work as a senior member of the team responsible for designing, implementing and optimising IT Services infrastructure for our client and its partner organisations.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Network and Infrastructure Engineer role:
* Degree level education or equivalent demonstrable relevant experience.
* Significant technical knowledge of preferably Microsoft Windows Server Platforms. and/or Solaris, and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or equivalent).
* Significant skill to support deployment of aforementioned platforms and associated enterprise technologies, including SAN / NAS based storage, data replication, VMware virtualisation environments, and core infrastructure applications, in diverse, heterogeneous environments.
* Significant experience of designing large enterprise solutions providing service to geographically dispersed sites.
* Experience of a technical lead role in the implementation of complex and significant enterprise wide services.
* Experience of contributing to budgetary planning.
* The ability to communication clearly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
* A mature, measured and practical approach to negotiation and compromise within the team, the department and with customers and their representatives.
* Ability to proactively apply new technology to business problems
* Ability to clearly identify and understand customer needs and service implications.
* Significant exposure to 3rd Level support issues.
* Confidence to challenge existing work practices
* Proven ability to make decisions in a confident manner
* Demonstrable ability to plan, estimate and track project work at an appropriate level of detail.
* Ability to interact with colleagues to generate and co-ordinate original ideas or developments.
* Proven ability to provide technical documentation and handovers to other support teams.
* Methodical, calm and clear-thinking.
* Significant networking experience with knowledge of switching/routing and VOIP solutions.
* VMware Certified professional (VCP)
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
* MCSE/MCITP certification
* ITIL Foundation certification
* Demonstrable experience of IT project management / project lifecycle, particularly under PRINCE2.
* Significant experience of any of the following:
Active Directory, Microsoft Server applications, Service backup, Monitoring & Reporting, Network Configuration & Security, Telephony, Virtual Server Environment.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately