|Job Ref:||204767840||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Bromley||Address:||Post Code:||WV15||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum Bonus, Pension||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
An opportunity has arisen for a Tier 1 Support engineer to evolve and develop a career in a forward thinking, growing and progressive company, providing Cloud technology, Hosted services, on site and Remote support provision, and consultancy and support services.
The ideal candidate will be have the opportunity and exposure of working with a wide, large and varied customer base, providing a large range of support and consultancy services, on many differing and diverse technical platforms.
We are looking for a talented engineer who is skilled and capable of working as part of a very busy and dynamic team, as well as being able to remain autonomous and self-sufficient in order to support a wide range of servers and networks for small to medium sized businesses in a very fast paced organisation.
You will gain extensive experience over the various supported IT systems, on a Customer base stretching a wide spectrum, and the opportunity to use this exposure, and the diversity it brings to develop a career in IT, and to take every opportunity to develop their skills in this area, through informal and formal training and on the job learning.
• Completing technical support tasks and activities in a 1st Line Support capacity
• Solving IT Issues, remotely, via phone, using remote support tools, or on-site presence, as required
• Answering telephone calls from customers promptly with excellent customer Service skills in a positive, can-do, customer focused manner at all times.
• To record customer calls quickly and efficiently, logging, updating calls throughout, and allocating as appropriate, managing to completion calls received in our call management system.
• Assigning support calls to the correct engineers in Tier 1 and 2, and escalating and assigning any Tier 3 support calls to the Tier 3 team, ensuring ownership of the call through to a specific engineer.
• Escalate calls from Tier 1 to Tiers 2 and 3 with excellent communication throughout the team.
• Building and configuration of PCs to required and standardised setups and procedures
• Manage support calls to ensure quick response and resolution, and prevent non-compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
• Deliver outstanding customer service, perception and satisfaction to all customers, at all times
• Deliver great teamwork and communication throughout the IT team, motivating the team to create a positive and professional work environment and deliver excellent IT support services to our customers
• Be involved with, and undertake any other duties in the office, or on site, as requested.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Extensive hands-on experience specifying/configuring/troubleshooting user and customer issues in a changing Windows Desktop and Server environment.
• Extensive experience of supporting and administrating Office (Apply online only), Windows XP-8, Windows Server and active Directory 2003-12 and Exchange 2003-13
• Experience of providing remote support for users and systems, including resolution of technical issues on the phone.
• Working knowledge of Backups strategies, technologies, tape rotation, and restore procedures
• Ability to support centrally controlled and standalone AntiVirus software and architecture.
• Working knowledge of firewalls and network infrastructure.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Superb customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal - displays commitment to resolving problems as quickly as possible, showing empathy to customers at all times.
• Excellent team player able to contribute ideas and support fellow team members at all times in ensuring a successful team
• Excellent operational experience, including ownership of Helpdesk system call allocation, prioritisation and escalation of issues.
• Proven Operational and technical knowledge and experience in Implementing first call resolution and completing known fix / workarounds where appropriate in order to deliver excellence in service levels
• Can-do, 'customer-focused' attitude, willing to tackle any issues and resolve to seek solutions wherever possible
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Overall understanding and knowledge of IT systems and technologies
• Ability to multi task, handle high workloads and high call volumes in a busy working environment
• Sound Networking knowledge of TCP/IP.
• An understanding of MAC OS
• Understanding of, basic Server OS and application installations and technical support technologies (e.g. 2003-12, Exchange, Citrix, VMWare)
• Knowledge of security architectures especially with respect to e-commerce and the internet
• Good experience of Blackberry Enterprise Products
• Problem solver with good analytical, strong planning, administration, and organisational skills.
• Able to manage expectations at all levels, and communicate accordingly
• Ability to determine problem trends and instigate appropriate actions.
• Ability to motivate and drive fellow team members forward to reach goals
• Operational Ability to 'think outside the box'
• Customer service experience including the ability to show empathy and understanding to all customers.
• Enthusiasm for a career in IT and an aptitude and willingness to learn and develop.
• A commitment to undertake technical training and gain industry recognised certifications. Good written and verbal skills