|Job Ref:||204767808||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Bonus, Pension||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
An opportunity has arisen for a 3rd Line IT Project delivery and support engineer to continue and develop a career in a forward thinking, growing and progressive company, providing Cloud technology, Hosted services, on site and Remote support provision, and consultancy and support services.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity and exposure of working with a wide, large and varied customer base, providing a large range of support and consultancy services, on many differing and diverse technical platforms.
We are looking for a talented engineer who is skilled and capable of working as part of a very busy and dynamic team, as well as being able to remain autonomous and self-sufficient in order to support a wide range of servers and networks for small to medium sized businesses in a very fast paced organisation.
You will gain extensive experience over the various supported IT systems, on a Customer base stretching a wide spectrum, and the opportunity to use this exposure, and the diversity it brings to develop a career in IT, and to take every opportunity to develop their skills in this area, through informal and formal training and on the job learning.
• Conduct on site visits, for discovery and technical gathering of information on new and existing customers, in locations around the country. Documenting and updating the central repository and others in the team in order for support and project based activities to occur remotely.
• Interacting with customers on site, from varying levels of seniority and position with professionalism, and excellent customer Service skills in a positive, can-do, customer focused manner at all times, with the ability to set, and reset expectations as required at all levels.
• Design and create solutions tailored to clients' problems, issues and requirements, documenting the requirements, and assisting the account and project management teams with pre-sales activities, to construct quotations, and project plans for implementation accordingly.
• Implementation of tasks following project plans, schedules, or documented procedures, keeping the customer and internal team up to-date with progress at all times
• Completing ad-hoc, random, and unscheduled support and delivery tasks, on site as required and to good standards, best practise and documenting and informing the team on changes made,
• Experience in, and the ability to set expectations through clear communication; be able to manage priorities and be assertive with what you are able to do; be able to re-set customers' expectations if other work has been set as a higher priority or you are not able to provide exactly what they have requested and look for other options available, all delivered with great customer service
• When not on site, form part of the general Helpdesk in a Tier 3 or Tier 2 capacity as required.
• Manage support calls to ensure quick response and resolution, and prevent non-compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
• Deliver great teamwork and communication throughout the IT team, motivating the team to create a positive and professional work environment and deliver excellent IT support services to our customers
• Be involved with, and undertake any other duties in the office, or on site, as requested.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Extensive hands-on experience designing, specifying, configuring and troubleshooting customer requirements and support issues in a changing Server, Storage, Application and Networking environment, remotely, and on site in the customers' offices.
• Project implementation and delivery skills. Including writing of detailed steps to implement and deliver the project, for other engineers to follow if required.
• Windows (Apply online only) server active and extensive knowledge in design, implementation and troubleshooting including Active Directory design, installation, and troubleshooting
• Exchange (Apply online only) design, installation, and troubleshooting, (including migration between versions)
• Virtualisation (VMware vSphere) deployment, administration and troubleshooting
• Server hardware build, monitoring, failure replacements and server room installation
• Design and implementation of Backup strategies, technologies, (Veeam, Backup Exec and others) tape rotation, and restore procedures
• Ability to design and deliver centrally controlled and standalone AntiVirus software and architecture. (Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec or similar)
• Storage Experience (good understanding of DAS, SAN, fibre fabrics, iSCSI)
• Experience of providing on site and remote support for users and systems, including resolution of technical issues from a remote Helpdesk on the phone, with support from MAC/PC to Server, Networking, Hardware and Server Room levels
• A good understanding of MAC OS
• Citrix knowledge, implementation, best practise, deployment and support
• Networking (good understanding of Layers 2 and 3, switching, routing, VLANs)
• Firewalls & VPNs, good knowledge of WatchGuard, Cisco and other Appliances both Physical and Virtual
• Wireless Installation, configuration and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of security architectures especially with respect to e-commerce and the internet
• Implementation and support of Blackberry Enterprise Products
• Problem solver with good analytical, strong planning, administration, and organisational skills.
• Able to manage expectations at all levels, and communicate accordingly with the operational ability to 'think outside the box'
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Superb customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal - displays commitment to resolving problems as quickly as possible, showing empathy to customers at all times.
• Excellent team player able to contribute ideas and support fellow team members at all times in ensuring a successful team
• Excellent operational experience, including ownership, and prioritisation of Helpdesk calls.
• Can-do, 'customer-focused' attitude, willing to tackle any issues and resolve to seek solutions wherever possible with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to multi task, handle high workloads and high call volumes in a busy working environment
• Enthusiasm for a career in IT and an aptitude and willingness to learn and develop.
• A commitment to undertake technical training and gain industry recognised certifications. Good written and verbal skills.
• Great Team Player