|Job Ref:||204767411||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Maidstone||Address:||Post Code:||ME15||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:45|
SQL Database Developer|
Leading hospitality client is recruiting a database developer to join it's internal development team to work alongside the senior database developer designing, developing and deploying effective database solutions in SQL Server 2008R2. This includes writing optimised code to allow the business to transform, store and access data efficiently, implementing and maintaining the data structure, writing reports in SSRS for all business functions and monitoring the database for errors and performance gains
As a Database Developer you will be working in a small team, exposed to all aspects of database and work closely with various areas of the business. Projects can range from working with Marketing on customer segmentation to building financial reports for senior management.
- Write, maintain and performance tune, stored procedures, functions and ad hoc database queries required by any systems used within the business.
- Design and implement changes to the existing database structure to fit the requirements or business applications.
- Working closely with the business to design, write and deploy effective and accurate reporting solutions. Focus for reports will be using SQL Server Reporting Services but may also involve stored procedures and manipulation of result sets in Excel.
- Write and maintain SQL Server Integration Services packages to transform data before importing to or exporting from the database.
- To help and assist other developers in writing optimised database code.
- Monitor database performance, including backups, replication and scheduled tasks then log and act on issues that may arise.
- Write test plans for significant pieces of work as well as test code written by other members of the development team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good technical knowledge of developing with Microsoft SQL server using T-SQL, including implementing new solutions as well as optimising existing code.
- Any knowledge of SSAS is an advantage but not a requirement
Industry experience of integration services and reporting services
- Some experience of basic database administration tasks such as database backups, restore, security and replication.
- Any experience of analysis services an advantage
On offer is a basic up to c30k and benefits, and also good opportunity for training and advancement