|Job Ref:||204766878||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||SO19||Address:||Salary:||£16000 - £18000/annum local government pension, training||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:46|
Skills: IT Support. Microsoft. Cisco. Education. School. College. Windows XP, 7 and 10. Windows Server 2008 / 2012. Networking. PC. Desktop. Software. Audio Visual, AV. Microsoft Deployment Services. System Centre Configuration Manager, SCCM, Internet Filtering, Safeguarding Technologies. Networking, Server, Proxy. |
Do you want to be key player in a National IT team?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the biggest and fastest growing multi-site organisations in the UK. Working for an incredibly successful national organisation within the learning sector, you will be working within a team of experienced IT Support Engineers, making a real difference within the education sector.
The successful candidate will need to have a keen interest in working in the education sector. Our client is a leading national organisation within the learning sector. They are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-site organisations in the UK. Offering excellent career progression and benefits. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, who are proactive and hard-working, with experience in a similar role.
• Ensure the smooth running of ICT systems to facilitate Teaching, Learning, Administration and Leadership.
• To allow the effective use of ICT by Teaching Staff, Admin Staff, Leadership and Students and to improve both their understanding of ICT and their experience of its use.
• To provide remote and face to face technical support in line with the academy's ICT support service definition.
• To support pupils and staff in the appropriate use of ICT, through advice or training.
• Regular travel between local sites to provide support function.
The IT Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide Desktop & Application Support. Connecting, setting up and checking PCs and peripherals for normal operation. Detecting and diagnosing and resolve PC, peripheral and application errors.
• Providing Server & Network Support. Setting up hardware and perform basic checking of networked PCs, including diagnosis of networking/Server/Proxy issues. Perform routine maintenance tasks for user accounts; run basic network monitoring reports and utilities.
• Confident in installing new hardware, Repair current hardware and reload software on desktops/laptops following release management procedures.
• Update records of installed hardware and software
• Competent in working with Management Software; maintaining a software library and store original copies of installed applications.
• Maintenance & Security Follow academy backup, virus protection and security procedures.
• Note risks to ICT systems and suggest precautions, following maintenance procedures.
• Ensure that staff laptops have HDD password are set, and advise staff that USB keys are not a secure place to store important or confidential data.
• Service Request Management.
• Investigate requests for support, record diagnostic information, retrieve details of similar requests and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level.
• Respond to support requests according to academy procedures, recording detailed diagnostic information and using appropriate knowledgebase/logs to inform diagnosis and resolution.
Skills: IT Support. Microsoft. Cisco. Education. School. College. Windows XP, 7 and 10. Windows Server 2008 / 2012. Networking. PC. Desktop. Software. Audio Visual, AV. Microsoft Deployment Services. System Centre Configuration Manager, SCCM, Internet Filtering, Safeguarding Technologies. Networking, Server, Proxy.
Are you looking for a great career opportunity, working in the education sector with fantastic benefits, local government pension, training, generous holiday.
Don't delay apply today!
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation