|Job Ref:||204766794||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Belgium||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £46000/annum Bonus, shift allowance, accom allow||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:46|
Job title: SOC Analyst|
Salary: Up to £45k plus bonus, shift allowance, relocation assistance
We are looking to recruit SOC analysts, with a demonstrable experience in the analysis and handling of cyber security events, to support the successful operation of a Computer Incident Response Capability, based out of the customer site in Belgium. The Analysts are responsible for the day-to-day identification of security related events. This role involves a 24/7 shift rotation within the incident handling team in order to provide full time coverage for the system.
The successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability.
Key Responsibility Areas (Maximum 2520 characters)
The successful candidates will be required to use their experience in the analysis and handling of security events, to support the successful operation of the Computer Incident Response Capability. The Analysts are responsible for the day-to-day identification of security related events, and will need to draw on their demonstrable experience in the analysis and handling of security events to fulfil this role.
- High level of experience in at least one of the following areas and working level of experience in several of the other areas:
- Security event management and analysis, especially with the configuration, operation, troubleshooting, and management of ArcSight products;
- Management, use and analysis of events from Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Management, use and analysis of events from Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Deployment, configuration and maintenance of network security appliances and networking devices and associated management software
- Knowledge in the use of a variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances)
- Network, system and application level troubleshooting techniques
- Computer incident response centre (CIRT), computer emergency response team (CERT)
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone and on-line and network)
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc)
- Secure web design and development
- Military communication systems and networks
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required (Maximum 2520 characters)
- A good analytical competency is required for this role. Candidates should be able to:
- Analyse diverse sources of information;
- Break information into component parts, patterns and relationships;
- Probe for further information or greater understanding of a problem;
- Make rational judgement from the available information and analysis;
- Produce workable solutions to a range of problems and demonstrate an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline.
- Desirable to have one of more professional SANS (e.g., GSEC, GCIA) or CISSP certifications.
- Experience of working within a team environment or on a project with multiple participants.
- Analysis experience.
- Some experience of working in Network Operations Centres (NOCs).
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and other analysts.
- Security clearances required to UK SC minimum
- The role will be based in Belgium and may involve travel to other sites to provide technical support across Europe. Candidates should be capable of travelling between UK & Overseas locations.
- Ability to manage workload for themselves and the team in pressurised environments to Time, Quality and Standards
- Security clearances to SC minimum
- Ability to undertake International Assignment
- Aptitude to learn new skills
- Primarily an office-based project role using a variety of equipment including display screen equipment
- Successful candidates with be expected to undertake a period of International Assignment.
For further information or to apply, please contact me on or (Apply online only)