|Job Ref:||204765502||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worcester||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Bonus opportunity, pension, parkin||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:46|
We are Open GI.|
As a market leader in insurance software systems, we know that to lead the future, we need to look to the future.
We are looking for an experienced Tester (Automation Engineer) to work within an Agile Team in Software Development, to deliver automation capabilities to increase the velocity of the sprint and to implement and maintain the automation pack that is impacted by the development stream.
Based in our Worcester offices you will collaborate with and support other business teams to drive customer advocacy at every stage of the software development cycle.
Your role will involve:
• Providing subject matter expertise and best practice for test automation and assist in designing / implementing automation framework for new and existing applications.
• Working with stakeholders to identify key tests for automation within the assigned projects
• Contributing to maintenance of current automation scripts impacted by assigned projects
• When needed, running manual technical tests as part of the assigned projects
• Working with the Head of Software Quality to introducing new tools / techniques in test automation for improving test coverage, reducing testing time and improving defect identification.
• Working within development teams and business to identify a test automation solution, provide a strategy, estimates, ROI and implementation plan for automation
• Working with the project to provide analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and translating into test automation solutions.
• Defining capability improvement opportunities for the testing organization
• Providing accurate and timely test status reports
• Providing QA support to the Scrum Teams for the execution of tests during the development phase under the management of a Scrum Master.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Good general standard of education.
• ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate software testing - advantageous.
• Extensive experience working as an automation engineer.
- experience in coding with C#, .NET, Java or Ruby
- automation experience with Calabash, Xamarin or Appium
- knowledge of Selenium & Cucumber/Specflow
- experience of efficient automation testing within iOS and Android platforms
• Experience of implementing complex test automation solutions in a variety of environment
• Experience in automation using Behavioral Driven Development tools such as SpecFlow, Cucumber and JBehave or similar
• Excellent understanding of the testing lifecycle, phase test objectives, entry/exit acceptance criteria and Risk-based approaches to the testing lifecycle definition.
• Experience of working in pressured environment to strict deadlines.
• Insurance or Broker background - advantageous.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Test Management tools
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional Scrum team.
• Knowledge of Open GI applications - advantageous.
• Knowledge of XML and SQL Server - advantageous.
• Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
• Bonus opportunity
• Company pension
• Life assurance and critical illness cover
• Free parking
• Onsite restaurant (including Starbucks coffee)
• Childcare vouchers
• Bike loan
To apply for this role please click the apply button and email us with your covering letter and CV