|Job Ref:||204765308||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northallerton||Address:||Post Code:||DL7||Salary:||£24000 - £28000/annum DOE||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:46|
Job Title: Application Support Analyst|
Location: Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2XA
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
The Company - The Kerfoot Group:
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within The Kerfoot Group for an experienced Application Support Analyst to join our Systems Division, reporting directly to the Group Systems Manager. Based at our Head Office in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, this role comprises of application support and development to our internal business functions, with responsibilities across 3 other UK sites based in Goole, traveling to Goole as required.
• Reviewing how applications are used & assisting end users to adopt better working practices.
• Development and maintenance to the group ERP system, ensuring it works as efficiently as possible for all users.
• Maintain SQL maintenance jobs, stored procedures and other business processes.
• Development of new and existing reports across various business systems and databases.
• The configuration of new software, including ongoing maintenance and further development of new and existing software applications.
• Performance tuning and optimisation of new and existing software applications and databases.
• Monitoring Application performance and troubleshooting application problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and undertaking fault investigations.
• Compliance with Group Security policies and ensuring all software is secured to current standards.
• Monitor and maintain database and system integrity.
• Troubleshoot systems software problems, liaise with 3rd party software suppliers to ensure problem resolution within agreed SLA.
• Provide technical support and information to assist in the delivery of system incident Root Cause Analysis reports and where possible, resolve or provide suggestions and improvements to mitigate future incidents in line with the group service desk.
• Develop and maintain technical support processes, user manuals and other documentation as necessary to support service delivery.
• Providing general consulting, training & support in the use of software.
• Assist with BI Reporting.
• Assist the Infrastructure team with application issues and development.
• Thorough testing of new applications, developments and business processes prior to introduction/ changes within the business.
• Tropos Administration
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Proven experience of working within SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Proven experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server Databases (RDBMS) (TSQL)
• Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, (url removed), and VBA.
• Experience of working with various database technologies e.g. SQL, MySQL and SQL Express.
• Experience in supporting business critical ERP systems (i.e. TROPOS).
• Experience with web site development and management including IIS, HTML & PHP.
• Previous proven experience in an IT Application Support role with broad exposure to a range of applications, operating systems & environments.
• Solid Microsoft Excel/ Access skills.
• Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008/ 2012
• Experience of workflows and Data Transformation Services (DTS packages)
• Other Reporting Technologies i.e. Qlikview
• WordPress website development
• TROPOS ERP
• A degree, HND or HNC qualification in an IT related discipline or a Microsoft qualification is desirable.
The Kerfoot Group are true oil specialists. With extensive industry experience working with household brands and over 500 fantastic oils on offer for a variety of applications. We offer a thriving environment to work in, a friendly team and a wide range of benefits including an on-site gym at our head office, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension and of course plenty of oil