|Job Ref:||204764088||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worcester||Address:||Post Code:||WR1||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum Bonus opportunity, pension, parkin||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:48|
We are Open GI.|
As a market leader in insurance software systems, we know that to lead the future, we need to look to the future.
We are looking for an experienced Tester to work within the Agile Team in Software Development, to deliver quality; increase velocity of sprints; and implement QA strategies and plans.
Based in our Worcester offices you will collaborate with and support other business teams to drive customer advocacy at every stage of the software development cycle.
Your role will involve:
• Providing Quality Assurance and testing expertise for legacy insurance systems.
• Working with stakeholders to identify risk based tests in an agile methodology
• Contributing to maintenance of current regression scripts impacted by assigned projects
• When needed, running manual/automation technical tests as part of the assigned projects
• Working with the Test Lead to introduce new tools / techniques in testing, improving test coverage, reducing testing time and improving defect identification.
• Working within development teams and business to identify a test/QA solution, provide a strategy, estimates, and test plan
• Working with the project to provide analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and translating into test and quality solutions.
• Defining capability improvement opportunities for the testing organization
• Providing accurate and timely test status reports
• Providing QA support to the Scrum Teams for the execution of tests during the development phase under the management of a Scrum Master.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Good general standard of education.
• ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate software testing - advantageous.
• Experience of implementing complex test plans in a variety of environments
• Excellent understanding of the testing lifecycle, phase test objectives, entry/exit acceptance criteria and Risk-based approaches to the testing lifecycle definition.
• Experience of working in pressured environment to strict deadlines.
• Insurance or Broker background - advantageous.
• Experience working as an automation tester - Desirable.
• Experience in coding with C#, .NET, Java or Ruby
• Automation experience with Calabash, Xamarin or Appium
• Knowledge of Selenium & Cucumber/Specflow
• Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
• Bonus opportunity
• Company pension
• Life assurance and critical illness cover
• Free parking
• Onsite restaurant (including Starbucks coffee)
• Childcare vouchers
• Bike loan
To apply for this role please click the apply button and email us with your covering letter and CV