|Job Ref:||204763961||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Salary:||£35000 - £35001/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:48|
Operational Performance Data Analyst|
A market leading Infrastructure Services organisation is searching for an Operation Performance Data Analyst to provide their brand new team with information on all aspects of performance, via daily/weekly/monthly statistical and analytical reports. Ideal candidates will have an understanding in monitoring, reporting and managing performance by assessing how team achievements and targets can be met.
This is an excellent opportunity, offering brilliant training, career progression and a fantastic work environment.
* Review data and measure trends to contribute to resolving customer queries and advising on where opportunities for improvement exist for all Business departments.
* Produce performance reports for Management for all Business departments.
* Produce and maintain statistical dashboards for the Management team, to enable regular monitoring and assessment of performance in all key areas of a team's activities.
* Create and maintain Dashboard Displays for all Business teams to assist in the awareness of team KPIs and provide motivational encouragement to team members.
* Produce initiatives aimed at enhancing the performance of the teams.
* Analyse and raise awareness of performance and process issues within teams.
* Manage Speech Analytics system by providing information and support to teams, and by highlighting and assessing customer issues to assist in the improvement of the customer experience.
* Manage reporting from all business systems including the billing and CRM systems
* Analyse and evaluate customer insite to support the business developing processes
* Analyse customer cost to serve to support, particularly across our large business customer sector
* Deliver performance targets and goals
* Compliance with all regulatory requirements, legal obligations and operational procedures.
Key skills and qualifications:
* You will be Computer literate to facilitate a positive customer outcome.
* Have an understanding using social and mobile applications to create real time communication, responsive and adaptable networks of teams.
* Experience in project management such as maintaining a balance between stakeholder demand whilst implementing business change effectively.
* Will have an understanding within the procurement business areas in order to assist business needs.
* Strong communication and listening skills to understand customers' requirements in order to build trust and relationships whilst providing the right solution.
* Ideally candidates will have lead a task as part of a team to a deadline.
* Candidates will have undertaken process mapping for a key business process, and utilise the techniques to recommend improvements and changes to the business.
* Experiences in managing risks, ensuring value for money is upheld.
* Previous experience ensuring a safe working environment.
* Ideally some experience with CRM.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds