|Job Ref:||204763536||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandy||Address:||Post Code:||SG19||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:48|
Kier Corporate Functions - I.T. is looking to recruit a Business Analyst. Reporting in to the Senior IT Business Partner, the post holder will capture, analyse and document requirements for both new solutions and changes to existing solutions which add value to clients and/or improve business performance.
* Prepare functional specifications for solutions and assist in the preparation of test plans, provide pre- and post-implementation support to users
* Contribute to project resource plans for Analyst input and support required through the project life-cycle
* Requirements: work with stakeholders to identify and document business requirements, ensure all requirements receive the appropriate level of approval from all relevant stakeholders.
* Solution Design: analyse and review business requirements, work with other areas of IT to identify and design potential solutions, present and discuss potential solutions with stakeholder, assist in the production of business cases, develop a functional specification for the preferred solution.
* Solution Build: assist with project/change initiation and production of project/change documentation, take part in quality reviews, ensure business requirements are protected throughout projects/changes and identify, assess and obtain approval for requests for changes.
* Test Plans: contribute to the design and execution of test plans for end user testing ensuring these are consistent with the agreed business requirements.
* Implementation: provide on-site pre- and post-implementation support to users, maintain and manage issue logs, assist users in using/adopting new solutions, assist with handover to operations for day-to-day support.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Strong stakeholder management with an ability to challenge and influence stakeholders across various levels and to communicate with key stakeholders across the Kier Living regions
* Significant experience in requirements gathering, business process mapping and related documentation
* Knowledge and experience of formal analysis techniques such as RUP and UML
* Good understanding of a range of business applications (e.g. finance, HR, procurement, and operations), ERP systems and integration and workflow tools
* Hands on experience of process design and orchestration using tools such as webMethods, TIBCO or equivalents
* Experience working in a .NET, SQL environment
* A high level of computer literacy with a detailed working knowledge of PC applications
* Experience of working within an ITIL and Prince2 environment preferred
* Strong sense of ownership, initiative and the ability to drive results, plus strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
* An understanding of current business trends and potential technical ramifications of changing business environments on current and future technology solutions
* Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting projects/demands, with a focus on delivery of final solutions on time and within budget
* Position requires excellent communication and team building skills, as well as strong decision making and problem management skills
* Used to taking ownership of projects or issues
* Willing to travel to other Kier Living locations/suppliers/vendors etc. when necessary
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer