|Job Ref:||204763527||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Corsham||Address:||Post Code:||SN13||Salary:||£0.00 - £600/day||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:48|
Network Engineer/ WAN & LAN Design/ Contract/ £600 Per day/ West Wiltshire|
My client is a well respected defence engineering company who is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Network Engineer to be based out of their impressive operations in West Wiltshire. This is a contract vacancy and my client can offer a rate of up to £600Ltd per day. Please find the role description below:
Network Engineer Role Description
Responsible for supporting the delivery of the Global Connectivity project, with a focus on reducing the technical and live service risk associated with the transition and migration from the existing to future network services and suppliers. Role will also interface with the projects that are reliant upon the network for their transitions including, but not limited to, New Style of IT (NSoIT) and integrated User Services (IUS).
* Support to the development of the WAN and LAN - AS-IS; TO-BE and transition state Architectures.
* Support technical discussions with suppliers
* Resolve technical implementation issues and incidents
* Enforce technical governance to ensure quality of the delivery through execution of design and operational readiness reviews
* Contribute to the Defence as a Platform technical coherence session to develop the portfolio level transition states
* Provide assurance of changes to the live estate to ensure continuity of service
Knowledge and skills required:
* WAN and LAN Design
* Multi-channel traffic prioritisation and performance delivery
* WAN service transition across multiple Data Centre locations
* Encryption and security of networks at iL3 and 5
* Technical management of multiple suppliers
* Delivery of network service worldwide across multiple suppliers and geographic boundaries.
* Fixed line telephony - TDM etc. and "Soft-phone" technologies - e.g. BT Genband, Skype for Business
* ACD, Teleconference, Computer-telephony integration, Videoconferencing and integration with telephony
* Remote access and mobile technologies
* Transition from existing telephony provision over a 1000+ site estate to the new solution without impacting live service
* 10 years+ experience of providing engineering leadership in large public sector organisations, preferably defence, and with Security Clearance
* Ability to handle a complex delivery landscape - multiple suppliers, multiple stakeholders.
Please register interest by submitting an up to date CV without delay.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position