|Job Ref:||204763315||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:48|
Position: Big Data Engineer, Big Data Architect AWS, HADOOP|
Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time
The company client is a fast growing leading business within the media arena who are currently seeking to recruit a skilled and innovative data engineer / architect for their exciting organisation based in London. The company is seeking a team player with commercial sense to join a vibrant team achieving outstanding results. This is an excellent opportunity for career development.
Main duties for this role will include:
* Work with a variety of technical influences and influencers - these include those at the highest level of the analytics team, core data science team and additional developers and marketing / UX managers.
* Able to spin quite a few data plates - these guys use data and analytics to drive everything at the core of their business!
* Projects and programmes you'll be working on include recommendation engines, customer segmentation (identification, attraction, retention, churn, propensity, behavioural), machine learning, predictive models, optimisation, pricing and many others.
* You will prepare, clean, and transform data into useable, useful sets to be utilised in all sorts of ways - you could be driving a model going to production from concept, or formulating plans to analyse huge data-sets to create useful and actionable insight. These are from a variety of sources and can run into multi-billions of rows!
Background and competencies required:
* The core skills needed are Hadoop (and a variety of its ecosystems) and AWS
* Data is both structured and unstructured so knowledge of SQL and NOSQL DB's is useful, as is experience with a statistical leaning in order to truly add value to the work performed by the data scientists.
* This opportunity will represent a steep learning curve for the right individual in an environment where there are strong, senior people to learn from, and a supportive team to work within.
Keywords: Big Data Scientist, Big Data Architect, Amazon Web Services, AWS, RDS, Redshift, EC2, Mapreduce, MapR, Python, Scala, Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to be considered for this position