|Job Ref:||204763053||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£18000 - £22000/annum benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:48|
1st Line Support/Helpdesk Technician |
Location: Milton Keynes Outskirts
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 plus benefits
We are a well established, world leading manufacturer based near Milton Keynes with an enviable product range which has been ensuring our impressive year on year growth. We are now looking for a 1st Line Support/Helpdesk Technician to join our I.T Services team. With an interest in I.T/Technical areas, the I.T/Helpdesk/Technical Support Assistant will have some previous experience of working within a Helpdesk/I.T based environment. You will be able to "own a problem" from receipt of the call to completion. We invite applications from 1st Line Support/Helpdesk Technicians with knowledge and experience of SQL databases, Access and I.T Networking. An I.T based qualification would be a definite advantage. Due to our rural location, please only apply if you have access to your own transport.
1st Line Support/Helpdesk Technician
* To provide 1st and 2nd line telephone or dial in support dealing with our customers and worldwide distributors.
* Investigating faults and technical issues, documenting and following up to closure.
* Setting up test systems to mimic customer faults.
* Reporting bugs to R&D and working with R&D to provide resolution to customer issues.
* The creation of firmware and software license codes.
* Planning engineering resource management in timely and cost effective manner
* Raising appropriate site paperwork for engineers and ensuring its return and completion
* Booking and recording of all maintenance/servicing visits.
* General administration within the customer services department.
* Be prepared to travel to customer site to carry out diagnostics and resolve faults.
Excellent career prospects available with this company and the possibility of further training.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply