|Job Ref:||204764951||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stoke-on-Trent||Address:||Post Code:||ST4||Salary:||£18000 - £25000/annum 25 days + bank hol + pension||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:49|
IT Support Assistant - Problem Management |
A new opportunity to work with a Stoke-on-Trent based organisation that is involved in building complex data management and software products for well-known companies around the world.
Working within the Problem Management Team, you will gain experience delivering root cause analysis to prevent problems and resulting incidents from happening, to eliminate recurring incidents, and to minimise the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
Responsibilities will include:
• Handling and logging incoming notifications and reports via telephone and email, and the assessment and prioritisation thereof.
• Dealing with incoming emails and phone calls on behalf of the team.
• Following internal documented processes and procedures to ensure all problems are investigated to agreed standards
• Diagnosis of faults and determining whether new reported incidents are related to known errors or existing problem records.
A successful applicant will have:
• A genuine interest and enthusiasm for IT support and management of IT systems.
• Excellent written, verbal, report writing and presentation skills.
You should ideally have some experience in the following;
(the following are not essential, although a basic knowledge would be beneficial - these would be some of the skills you would develop within the role)
• Experience of windows operating systems.
• Basic knowledge of hardware.
• Basic knowledge of networking technologies.
Industry Leading Benefits -
• 25 Days holiday + 8 bank holidays
• Employers pension contribution
• Free parking
• Childcare Vouchers
• Heavily subsidised food menu (breakfast / lunch & dinner)
• Cycle to work scheme