|Job Ref:||204764355||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:49|
My client are seeking a Field based Software Product Specialist - SQL DBA to support customers all over the UK. They are the market leaders in the design and manufacture a broad range of Scientific Instrumentation equipment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join their rapidly expanding business.|
This role will involve visiting customers all over the UK, so you must be prepared to travel extensively and stay away from home when necessary. 80% of the clients will be based in the UK, but 20% will be in France.
Excellent training on their products will be given, but you must have good knowledge of SQL DBA, Crystal Reports and full life-cycle development.
Role Purpose of the Field based Software Product Specialist - SQL DBA
Responsible for the ongoing diagnostics software customer relations management and daily user support for the software products in a manner that increases the software customer satisfaction. This requires periodical customer visits.
Persons in this position work closely with project managers. Their tasks include (but are not limited to) on-site installations and conducting the customer trainings.
The position requires willingness to travel. Extensive team and customer interaction is required and the abilities to act professionally and swiftly to customer concerns are imperative.
Responsibilities for the Field based Software Product Specialist - SQL DBA will include:
An efficient and effective Software Product Specialist needs to:
* Have an intimate working knowledge of all functions within the software. This includes independently understanding how to install, configure, validate and use the software.
* Assist in the compilation and final review of requirements.
* Install and configure software to meet the approved requirements and scope documentation.
* Perform analysis of change requests for technical feasibility and effort required.
* Create database scripts for all customer specific database configurations.
* Perform system validation for the software once the software is operational at the customer site.
* Assist in the support of existing customers by providing resolutions when assigned and by transitioning knowledge to other team members through documentation and communication.
Experience of the Field based Software Product Specialist - SQL DBA will include:
* Commercial experience of SQL DBA, Crystal Reports, and full life-cycle development experiences
* Experience creating and modifying database objects (views, stored procedures, etc.), Optimizing database performance and setup and support of the databases
* Experience installing and configuring software for external customers
* Proven delivery of what has been promised on time; proactively provide status reports, and independently manage tasks and projects from inception through completion with minimal supervision.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company offering great training and career progression.
If you have any specific questions about this Field based Software Product Specialist - SQL DBA role please call David Philpott on 01582 87 88 19. To apply email:
Visit and follow Redline Group