Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||87528BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glenrothes||Address:||Post Code:||KY7||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:02|
Supplier Quality Engineer|
Purpose of Job -:
The Supplier Development Engineer (SQE) is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of Supplier Quality in all aspects of the supply chain. The SQE should have a solid understanding of the supply chain business processes and have the ability to influence across the business to ensure business success.
This individual is the prime interface with suppliers on all technical matters.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Main Responsibilities - :
• Provide engineering support RSL wide to the Supply Chain Management Function
• Generate and implement ideas to continuously improve Supplier Performance.
• Analyse supplier performance and to assist with the supplier and in-house engineering/quality/procurement functions.
• Generate and maintain Incoming Inspection Plans.
• Develop reports on supplier performance to highlight poor suppliers so that additional controls can be implemented.
• Implement Supplier Corrective Action plans for poor performing suppliers.
• Understand Customer contract requirements and ensure necessary flow down to Suppliers for compliance.
• Liase with Business Unit PRB's to obtain satisfactory close out of SCAR's.
• Organise and perform supplier and internal audits.
• Have responsibility for our own health and safety, and that of fellow employees.
o Strong Supply Chain background
o excellent written and interpersonal skills
o self starter
o highly analytical
o decision maker
o knowledge of pcb manufacture or precision machining
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes