|Job Ref:||204768973||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Worcestershire||Address:||Post Code:||DY12||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:08|
£30-35k + Benefits
Are you an experienced Development Technician with a strong background in developing test methods, analysing data, and building prototypes? Are you looking to develop your career, working on technically challenging projects?
If the answer is yes, then this could be the job for you!
This leading manufacturer of industrial rotating machinery is looking for a Development Engineer to join their team to aid in the design and re-design of products and work with manufacturing to ensure smooth transition from prototype to manufacturing. You will apply expertise and knowledge to both simple and complex work in research and development by developing test methods, programs and procedures to ensure the design, product characteristics and documentation meet the requirements of the product specification and are completed in appropriate time scales.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Development Technician
* Continually improve R & D processes to ensure resources are focused on addressing future design or product support needs.
* To be responsible for day to day progress of allocated development projects. To build prototype machines, assemblies and test rigs
* Devise and set up testing programs which ensure appropriate product validation testing prior to manufacture
* To record test data and produce technical analysis and comprehensive reports to support product development or product enhancement
* To liaise with engineering and other departments on development projects and recommend design changes when seen as necessary and ensure smooth progression from development to production
* The machining and/or modification of components to ensure satisfactory test conclusions. Making jigs or fixtures as required.
* Development/modifications of existing products
* Ensure compilation and collation of relevant documentation meet health and safety, customer and total quality requirements.
* Keep abreast of new technology and methodology; actively pursue new development techniques and technologies and, where appropriate, make recommendations as to how such techniques should be developed.
* Provide technical back-up to other departments such as projects/contracts/service/sales
To be eligible for the role of Development Technician, the ideal Candidate will -
* Hold a Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
* Be able to read Mechanical & Electrical drawings
* Have Knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems
* Extensive Mechanical engineering experience
* Sound IT skills including experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
* General fitting and assembly skills (Machining experience preferred)
* Have experience of prototype building.
We are looking for someone that has good interpersonal skills, works well in a team, and has the ability to solve technical problems.
If you think this is you then please send your CV now!
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)