|Job Ref:||204768444||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
To effectively manage a busy rail depot and its employees to deliver the specified maintenance, engineering support and cleaning objectives. This shall be done in a manner that is compliant with all applicable legislation, contractual terms and company procedures or systems
* Lead, support, motivate and direct the maintenance, cleaning and operational teams in the delivery of the emerging workload to achieve company and customer requirements.
* Achieve company specified output targets by delivering to the appropriate standard and frequency, scheduled servicing, maintenance, repair and cleaning of traction and rolling stock.
* Lead and review site development to ensure that it is appropriate to deliver the desired company objectives.
* Able to make decisions regarding the day to day issues arising with train cleaning and presentation and to communicate clearly with stakeholders both internal and external to ensure compliance with standards and targets.
* Through structured 1:1 meetings ensure that objectives are set, progress monitored and personnel development plans are prepared and implemented. To promote and deliver engineering best practice through development, coaching and training of engineers within the company.
* Undertake reviews of processes and rosters to ensure efficient use of resources
* Manage local manpower plans and recruitment processes in conjunction with HR
* Negotiate and consult on local depot issues
* Give guidance to management team to ensure work is performed in a safe manner in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, applicable safety legislation and Industry rules and regulations.
Desired Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
* Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline
* Chartered Engineer or qualifications leading to
* Management Qualification ILM7 Minimum or équivalent
* NEBOSH Certificate
* D32 or A1 assessors award
* 5 years practical mechanical/electrical maintenance experience
* A high level of ability to communicate, motivate and deal successfully with people
* Experienced in the consultation and negotiation machinery and familiar with conditions of service
* A good grasp of financial and contract management