|Job Ref:||204767923||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£41000/annum bonus, pension, callout||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
Senior Mechanical Technician - CCGT Power Station|
£41,000 + callout + bonus + benefits
We're currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join a state of the art Power Station in the early stages of its life cycle. As a Mechanical Technician you would typically be responsible for the planned and reactive maintenance of the plant on all mechanical assets.
This Power Station is the latest state of the art power station to be built in the UK. Located in Manchester, this is a highly efficient Gas fired Power Station capable of producing 880MW, enough electricity to power 500,000 homes.
What is the job?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance department of this state of the art Power Station. Reporting to the Maintenance Leader typical duties will include:
* Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets across the power station including pumps, compressors, valves, turbines, pipework etc.
* Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the CMMS (Maximo)
* Supervising and directing contractors.
* Assisting in commissioning activities.
* Carry out project work and activities as directed.
* Ensuring HSE compliance at all times.
What is required to be considered?
To be considered for this Mechanical Technician position you should have:
* At least 9 years of experience as a hands on Mechanical Technician in a heavy process industry, ideally in the power generation sector
* Aa relevant engineering qualification in a mechanical engineering (HND, HNC, ONC, C&G etc.)
* Significant knowledge of mechanical maintenance gained in the power generation sector - ideally CCGT. We will also consider experience gained in the petrochemical / chemical production industries which utilise large rotating plant.
* Excellent IT skills and the ability to use a computerised maintenance management system
* Excellent team work and communication skills
* Proactive attitude towards health & safety
As you will form part of a call out rota candidates must demonstrate an element of flexibility towards work
What is in it for me?
* A salary up to £41,000
* A callout payment of circa £2,500 per annum
* 10% bonus opportunity
* 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
* A contributory pension scheme
* Private Healthcare
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Steve Utton on (Apply online only) or send a CV and cover letter .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK