|Job Ref:||204767708||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Sudbury||Address:||Post Code:||DE6||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
Excellent opportunity to join a Sudbury based company as a|
To be involved with and manage various projects within the Design and Development department. Provide solutions for customer enquiries and Electromechanical Design support for the department.
• Work closely with customer management to understand the business requirement for the project, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
• Provide technical expertise and direction for projects.
• Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project, and manage their development and delivery.
• To ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the Business.
• To estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies.
• To ensure projects meet industry leading quality standards.
• Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project.
• To conduct project presentations and compile reports including the technical file for a product.
• To Co-ordinate & support product qualification tests with external contractors & test houses.
PERSONAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
• Experienced in using Microsoft Project software
• Clear, concise and articulate communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Experienced in carrying out CE marking assessment of product.
• Commercial awareness
• Calm under pressure
• Conceptual thinking
• Strong decision maker
• Flexible and adaptable, responds well to change
• Professional conduct displayed at all times
• Meticulous attention to detail, with a methodical approach to tasks
• Willingness to travel to both company & customer sites within the UK & abroad.
• HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical or Mechanical engineering
• Experience working within the military support environment
• Experience within a tier one Defence contractor
• Experience within a military equipment manufacturer
• Experience of Military & Commercial Aviation communications equipment
• Experience within an ISO 9100 Environment
• Experience within an EASA Part 21 J or G environment from a hands on perspective
Hours Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm
UK Travel will be required