|Job Ref:||204767698||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£0 - £70000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
Just Recruitment Group Ltd are recruiting for a Thermal Design Engineer for their client based in Colchester, Essex.|
The Thermal Engineers provide key design inputs to the electronics hardware team, and are also very involved in the verification stages of product development, as well as providing on-going support to the design teams in all three countries and to the UK production team. Among the engineer's responsibilities are the following:
Role will involve:-
* Designing, developing and testing thermal solutions for both convection and conduction cooled products.
* Liaising with the hardware and PCB design engineers to agree optimal layout and construction of the boards.
* Simulating and analysing thermal performance of the products, and implementing any necessary corrections.
* Thermal and mechanical testing of new products and components.
* Developing and improving our mechanical and thermal design procedures and practices.
* Maintaining awareness of new technologies.
Candidates should ideally be engineering graduates in a relevant discipline, but consideration may be given to those who have significant appropriate experience without this qualification. They must be able to demonstrate practical involvement in the design and development of embedded electronic products, and should be familiar with some or all of the following:
* Designing thermal solutions for both convection cooled and conduction cooled electronic products, for both military and commercial environments.
* Thermal simulation using Flotherm or Flotherm XT.
* Analysis of thermal characteristics at component level in excess of 40W, and at board level in excess of 60W.
* Experience with a range of Thermal Interface Materials and their effect on component temperature.
* Mechanical design skills, ideally using SolidWorks, for creating or at least modifying solid model designs for heat sinks and other items.
* Following, and where necessary, defining or modifying, a clear thermal design process.
* Familiarity with standard form factor designs, e.g. OpenVPX (3U and 6U) or VME.
* An appreciation of standards such as MIL-STD-810 or any from VITA.
* General production machining processes.
In addition to technical skills, the candidate must be independent and self-motivated but also be able to interact with other engineers both locally and overseas. He or she will be a primary point of contact for thermal issues so must be able to provide assured and accurate guidance to colleagues, during both the design and testing stages of product development, and during manufacture.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10TH NOVEMBER 2016
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd, at or telephone (Apply online only) quoting job reference B1451.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.
Just Recruitment Group Ltd. trading as: Key Personnel, Select Recruitment, are only able to process applications from candidates who are currently resident and eligible to work in the UK