|Job Ref:||204767307||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
Our Heathrow, London based Client is currently looking for Electrical Building Services Engineers for permanent staff roles. |
Based at Heathrow, London, you will interact with various internal and external contacts and take responsibility for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You will also work closely with clients to develop and nurture relationships that result in new opportunities and repeat business.
Working closely with the Principal Engineer, as a key member of the Electrical services design team, you will play an integral role in the development of an industry leading team.
* Design and specify all aspects of Electrical building services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
* Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to general construction and specifically Electrical building services guidelines, standards and regulations
* Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
* Contribute to the development of the mechanical services department as required
* Lead the delivery of Electrical services scope of work across multiple projects, as part of a multi discipline design team.
* Carry out any or all stages of Electrical design from concept to completion as required by the project.
* Lead the preparation of enquiries for potential major projects.
* Lead a multi-disciplinary design team where required.
* Report on project performance to Principal Engineer.
* Actively contribute to the development of the department.
* Carry out technical design reviews / critiques of projects in progress.
* Support the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
* Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, customers and peer groups
* Contribute to bids by providing specialist knowledge and project history
* Prepare for internal design reviews
* Undertake all actions identified in design review
* Undertake design for a wide range of project types and sizes
* Take a flexible approach to the delivery of design solutions
* Assist in the training and development of the design team and provide support in their professional development
* Provide feedback on the performance of the department from a technical and operational perspective
* Develop relationships with, and drive the use of, preferred suppliers
* Gather competitor intelligence and monitor market activity
* Manage resources to ensure fee control and programme delivery
* Produce project cost of further works and resource plans
* Contribute to departmental development when requested to do so
* Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
* Member of a Professional Institution
* Incorporated/Chartered Electrical Services Engineer, or equivalent
* Building Services Engineer (I Eng or C Eng) or have already submitted a UK-Spec Professional membership application
* Proven track record in mechanical services design, in particular the following market sectors: Airports
* Commercial and mixed use
* Proven track record of project delivery, together with notable projects across a variety of sectors , major local developments and multi disciplinary work
* Strong demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
* Fully conversant with technical and legislation requirements for Electrical services equipment and installation design and management
* Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering design studies and working systems
* Demonstrate the technical capability and communication skills to support a project definition
* Ability to develop designs from RIBA A through to F2
* Experienced in managing external design and vendors organisations
* Ability to understand and approve technical calculations performed by junior engineering staff
* Have a good appreciation of business to ensure commercial requirement to ensure gross margin targets are achieved
* Competent writer of letters, quotations, proposals, presentations and reports
* Experience of low carbon engineering, preferably a CIBSE LCC or energy assessor
* Experience of designing to achieve BREEAM ratings
* Practical experience on-site (Resident Engineer or similar role) preferred