|Job Ref:||204767213||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wythenshawe||Address:||Post Code:||M22||Salary:||£26000 - £27000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer |
Are you an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer looking for job security? My client is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their expanding team in the South Manchester area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in workload.
Experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer required to join a small team based in South Manchester. Applicants must be hands-on engineers with excellent knowledge and experience of maintaining and repairing mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic factory machinery. The suitable candidate will be a time-served engineer with a mechanical aptitude ideally gained within a manufacturing / processing industry.
* Machine maintenance - planned, reactive and repair, machine/process improvement including aspects of purchasing.
* Act in accordance with Company Policies, ensuring correct PPE is worn at all times and an active role is taken in H&S improvement.
* Regular liaison with the Engineering Manager, Team Leader Engineering, Production Team Leaders and operators to identify machine improvements and maintenance requirements.
* Carry out repairs using workshop equipment.
* Carry out welding for repairs and some fabrication.
* Fault finding and repairs to production machinery.
* Basic electrical work, for example, Isolation, checking for power supply, disconnecting and reconnecting 3ph motors
* Weekly/daily checks on plant machinery including ammonia crackers, wash plant, compressors, ladder checks, FLT's etc.
* Carrying out machine refurbishment as directed by Engineering Manager and Team Leader Engineering.
* Document work completed for on-going professional development and to update computerised preventative maintenance and other records as required.
* Upkeep of the mechanical stores area, to catalogue and record stores contents, usage and replenishment.
* Work within the guidelines set by regulatory authorities for maintenance, ensuring that safety is paramount and safe systems of work are adhered to, including lock out tag out procedures. Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy, safe to work in.
Essential Skills and Experience
* Apprentice trained or time served background
* Mechanical maintenance experience
* Experience of installation, fault finding, reactive and preventative maintenance
* Ability to overhaul gearboxes and service pumps and motors
* Knowledge of pneumatics, motors and hydraulics
* Competent with a range of workshop equipment
* Experience working on automated factory machinery
* Permanent, full time, 07.30am to 16.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 07.30am to 12.30pm on Friday, no overtime. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager. Salary around £26,000 per annum. There is a contributory pension scheme that the company matches up to 6% of the employee's contribution. 24 days holiday plus public holidays. There is also a bonus scheme
If you are interested in the role, please click apply in the first instance