|Job Ref:||204767209||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
German Speaking Project Manager required for an exciting permanent opportunity with my client who are a leading international company designing and building special purpose equipment for the food industry.|
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
JOB FUNCTION OF PROJECT MANAGER: This individual will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of turnkey packaging projects across the EMEA territory with a focus towards Germany.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF PROJECT MANAGER:
Proposals- Sales support
• Identify and produce commercially viable packaging system solutions based on client requirements.
• Carrying out pre-tender risk assessments
• Support sales team in presentation of project proposals
• Overall project management responsibility for turnkey projects, specifically to ensure key cost, time plan and technical deliverables are achieved.
• Main point of contact with client during project lifecycle.
• Manage project teams comprising internal and external suppliers.
• Manage overall project budget, ensuring forecast profitability is achieved.
• Produce and manage project time plans and resource plans.
• Identify and develop system control philosophies.
• Definition of system and equipment specification.
• Produce engineering specifications for bought-out equipment or work packages.
• Manage procurement of 'bough-out` work packages.
• Manage subcontractors, OEMs and internal suppliers to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
• Manage all aspects of Health and Safety relating to the project.
• Ensure design criteria complies with all applicable technical and statutory regulations. (i.e. Machinery Directive)
• Carry out pre-delivery inspections of 'bought-out` equipment.
• Management of site-works (knowledge of CDM and other European legislatory requirements would be an advantage)
• Manage system commissioning and defects resolution.
• Produce and present monthly project update reports to Head projects.
• Minimum of HNC, preferably engineering degree level, however candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
• Chartered status within a relevant institution (PMI, APM) would be a distinct advantage.
• Must be used to and comfortable operating in a world class, quality assured environment where continuous improvement is a constant focus.
• A strong team player with well developed communication and organisational skills.
• Must possess high drive and high levels of energy, coupled with the focus and tenacity to deliver performance against objectives.
• A questioning and listening approach to problem solving and a thirst to seek innovative solutions to overcome problems within the business unit.
• Project management experience of product handling or packaging systems would be a distinct advantage.
• Commercial awareness of managing within agreed budgets.
• Experience of system integration and control systems would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications.
• CAD trained (Autocad) is essential.
• Needs to be mobile. Full, clean driving licence.
Fluent German (native preferred) & Fluent English
UK based (Home based with visits to head office in Birmingham) with travel across EMEA territories (Germany focussed)