|Job Ref:||204766926||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum £40k + package||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:09|
My client develops cutting-edge technology solutions which are used by a variety of sectors. They are now looking for an experienced FEA Stress Engineer to join their team near Belfast NI.|
• You must have had previous experience in preparing, developing and reviewing linear static, non-linear, multi-body dynamic, optimisation and thermal FE models for a range of electro-mechanical products primarily for the power and rail industries.
• The incumbent will identify and where necessary conduct practical tests to verify simulation assumptions and outputs.
• You will be responsible for the undertaking of associate analysis as required (ie, hand calculations from first principles).
• As the Stress Engineer will be prepare, review and approve clear and concise documentation to capture the findings of FE and associate analysis.
• You will be charged with presenting interpretation of analyses at formal design review meetings.
• The incumbent will support and advise design teams to ensure that products meet targets outlined in specification documentation, ie: weight, cost, performance under load and thermal performance.
• The Stress Engineer will be expected to liaise with design, certification, manufacturing and other company departments as required.
• The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description may vary over time. Job holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the role.
Essential Experience and Skills
• A sound background in mechanical engineering (or in an associated engineering field)
• 3 years working experience in hand and FEA calculations.
• Experience of creating, running, post-processing and interpreting results from linear static, non-linear, multi-body dynamic, optimisation and thermal FEMs.
• Good appreciation of the mechanical design process and manufacturing methods
• Good understanding of mechanical drawings.
• Skilled at rigorous analysis with a sound ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
• A passion for engineering and problem solving.
• Good written and verbal communication skills/ excellent written and oral English
• Ability to present results and formal analysis in a clear and concise manner.
Desirable Experience and Skills
• Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• Experience with MathCad
• Well-developed management skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships, both internal and external
• Able to work under pressure to achieve problem resolutions
• Detail conscious with a particular focus on the key metrics and analysis
• Ability to prioritise and focus on set goals and objectives
• Flexible and prepared to work as required
Agency: UCA Consulting
Contact Name: Richard Lalchan
Contact Email: NA
Telephone: (Apply online only)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40k + package