|Job Ref:||204766651||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lincolnshire||Address:||Post Code:||LN13||Salary:||£46000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Product Design Research and Development Manager - Circa £46k to £50k DOE |
Our client a leader in the volume design and manufacture of domestic furniture products are seeking a Product Design, Research and Development Manager to spearhead a new department intended to give the business a competitive advantage in its market. You will be tasked with developing the R&D capabilities of the business to include the development of a structured annual project plan to include resource and budget needs. You will be working towards advancing the business capabilities in the development of new product concepts, techniques, digital and design, engineering standards, materials, components and alternative manufacturing methods.
You will be responsible for developing product design capabilities and design and development processes. You and your department of around 7 will provide strong technical input into the front end stage and gate process working with internal creative designers to collaboratively ensure products developed meet customer and consumer needs. You will play a key role in ensuring products can be manufactured effectively and efficiently offering best possible quality utilising the company supply chain and cost to manufacture.
* Product Design and Development of products to meet the creative design intention and specific brief requirements of both the customer and the business (Turn the creative design into a well-engineered product that still achieves the design aspirations and characteristics)
* Product Design and Development of product to Gate 3a on Time exploring options and that deliver Quality and Cost and targets
* Development and creation of product specifications ensuring company Engineering Standards, Standardisation Specifications, Design for Manufacture and Assembly and latest best practise are included.
* Product Costing
* Development and production of prototypes for internal and external review
* Design of new components where applicable
* Definition of the initial BOM working with Purchasing to specify components and supply chain
* Improve the Product Design and Prototyping process including developing digital and virtual prototyping techniques to reduce lead times and increase right first time
* - Put together and deliver an annual rolling Research and Development plan for products, materials, components and processes that meet the future needs of the market, customers and business and aligned with the company product strategy
* Through RandD develop new manufacturing techniques to create upholstery design features and incorporate new components
* Planning and Management of resource within the department to achieve the deliverables of the product development and RandD plan including performance against KPI's
* Work with the customer during briefing, development and selection
* Be a technical sign off for later stages in the process and remain a technical expert in the process
It is envisaged you will be suitably qualified to degree level within product design, manufacturing technology or similar. You will have prior experience of heading up development teams ideally in the volume design and production of consumer goods or furniture. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a new department and team and shape the future of the companies approach to research, design, development and manufacture of new and existing furniture products.
For more information you can email or click apply to submit your CV.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency